How to get a THICK guitar sound?

Grå Värld;10513487 said:
What settings did you use on the Boss ODB-3?

Based on clock settings:

Level 12:20
High 11:52
Low 1:30
Balance 12:05
Gain 10:58

We may have kicked it around a few times though.... This particular client is very boisterous. FUN FUN TIMES!!! :kickass:

Based on clock settings:

Level 12:20
High 11:52
Low 1:30
Balance 12:05
Gain 10:58

We may have kicked it around a few times though.... This particular client is very boisterous. FUN FUN TIMES!!! :kickass:

Cheers for the precise and exact settings!!! :lol: Was interested in seeing if you dimed the low setting on the ODB to mimic a bass guitar.

How did you pan the A and B guitar tracks? or did you blend A + B together and pann L100/R100?

Grå Värld;10513803 said:
Cheers for the precise and exact settings!!! :lol: Was interested in seeing if you dimed the low setting on the ODB to mimic a bass guitar.

How did you pan the A and B guitar tracks? or did you blend A + B together and pann L100/R100?

B (pseudo guitar/bass) is panned center and acts as the bass track.

A (guitar) will have overdubs.

The client is on tour for a few weeks. Additional tracking later this month.

Basics for now, embellish later.

Excited for overdubs!:
Mandolin
Steel Guitar
Harmonica
Saxaphone
Violin
Misc percussion
And stuff...

I play in a two piece indie rock / metalish band. What I do for live sound and recording is play through two amps at the same time. I have a Mesa Triple Rectifier which puts out the crisp highs and heavy distortion. Then I run the guitar through a Lele ABY pedal, one side goes to the Mesa, the other side goes to a Carvin X100B head connected to a 15" bass cab. This head puts out all the lows and mids. With this head you can make it sound as beefy as you want.

YES SIR!!!

ive been trying to cram more and more midrange information into my guitar tones and while i by no means have perfected it, ive found that incorporating a second mic as egan said can really help pickup alot more. Check your phase, i send a sine wav through my amp and then enter the sample delay into my adc

ive been trying to cram more and more midrange information into my guitar tones and while i by no means have perfected it, ive found that incorporating a second mic as egan said can really help pickup alot more. Check your phase, i send a sine wav through my amp and then enter the sample delay into my adc

I read some where that using a sine wave can jack up your amp? Unless I'm wrong