Dudes, Fruity Loops guys sometimes are really shitty

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
I have "met" online a guy who is auto "producer" of his electro music.

He uses Fruity Loops of course. Actually, what he does is not good, but, it's okay to listen in his style, because of course it's all vsti that are made for that, and there's almost no need to mix it to have a good sound, it's all electro sounds.

Then, he said to me he recorded a rock/metal band, 50€/hour during 10 hours. Here's the result :lol: http://www.myspace.com/obliviometal

Actually this guy is still cool because he knows this sucks, and he sent them my msn because they are friends, and now I'm talking to them, maybe we'll work together in the future.

Thank you FL, you create bad mixers that make me shine among them !

EDIT : This thread is not about FL being bad, it actually is solid for what it does. It's about most people using it with no clue of what is producing a song, and my particular experience

I got a friend who is pretty much a genius with Fruityloops. As far as electronic stuff goes, it seems pretty solid.

FL can be really cool for doing electrostuff, although I'm looking at Reason cause I've heard it's better. Is this true?

Reason is the most overrated piece of shit i have ever used.. just the fact that it doesnt have VST-support is a big enough reason to stay clear of that shit.
And while the synth's in it are pretty damn good, i would say that they are easily replaced by Synth1(Free vst.).

I never said FL is bad guys, I'm actually even looking into it for some electro stuff.

It's just 95% of people using it that don't even know anything about it, and this experience is another proof of that :)

FL can be really cool for doing electrostuff, although I'm looking at Reason cause I've heard it's better. Is this true?

Reason is more versatile, but still, it's also a sequencer that is not generalistic.

It has good synths, but nothing that would justify switching to it just for it. You can rewire them in your session though if you really really dig them.

Reason is the most overrated piece of shit i have ever used.. just the fact that it doesnt have VST-support is a big enough reason to stay clear of that shit.

It can be rewired. It's totally noob to run Reason stand alone. The sequencer (even in 4) is a turd. :yuk:

You got to see the program for what it is. A large collection of virtual instruments.

http://www.propellerheads.se/

Reason 5 looks like it's going to kick ass. I never really cared for it but if I wear to use it I would wire it into Logic. In effect working like a huge rack. As for FL, I personally can't stand it.

Check out Rebirth for your iPhone. I remember using that when it first came out. :lol:

I use FL for sequencing all my drum/midi and for synth-work as well. First started using it with version 3 up until I became more serious about music and now I'm using 7, which has more features than I need, to be honest but well worth the investment.

I just wanna say... those mixes... holy fuck

and the first song totally put me to sleep , sounded like he was trying to be Iced Earth and then the next song was shitty metalcore, wtf?

And while the synth's in it are pretty damn good, i would say that they are easily replaced by Synth1(Free vst.).

I could say the same about fruityloops(the overratedness)

I personally dig reason MUCH more.
Seems less like a herp derp presets type of noob program.

FruityLoops reaks of noob to me.
But thats probably because the people i know that use it are noobs and the type of people to just use presets and make no effort to make a sound.

http://www.propellerheads.se/

Reason 5 looks like it's going to kick ass. I never really cared for it but if I wear to use it I would wire it into Logic. In effect working like a huge rack. As for FL, I personally can't stand it.

Check out Rebirth for your iPhone. I remember using that when it first came out. :lol:

Yeah reason 5 looks TITS. Everything is now a sampler? FUUUUUUU!!!!!

I'm actually interested in reason 5 too.

Well, I would be really interested in a release of its instruments as independant vstis... But unfortunately that's only a dream.