Cloudscape - Crimson Skies

Zack

charting my way to top :)
Feb 9, 2005
Cloudscape – Crimson Skies
Metal Heaven – 4018336180077 – June 3, 2006
By Zack Attaran

cloudscape6zk.jpg

I received this promo almost three months ago, approximately. I have been writing this review for almost 2 and a half months, approximately. Fucking shit, this is a frustrating album to review. As a matter of fact, I have about 20 different scores and separate reviews if you would like to read them (including a 10/10 from May), but I’m pretty sure this will be the final one. So without further ado, I give you the review of Cloudscape’s Crimson Skies:

Swedish…Melodic…Metal…we’ve heard that one a lot, haven’t we? No I swear, this one’s good, trust me. It’s actually more like Brazillian melodic power metal if you think about it, because this quintet is right in league with Angra. Aside from the similarities, though, this is pretty good. I mean, it’s got great shock value and was in the CD player for a couple of days getting a lot of spins. After a couple of listens, however, I grew pretty tired of it and switched it out with the new Saturnus. ;)

So who’s this for exactly? Well, the lyrics discuss aliens, the keyboards have melted cheese all over them and there are several synth periods lasting 40 seconds or more. Do I really need to spell it out? Anyway, the main reason I had so many different opinions about this album is that it just gets boring fast. Much like a Norther release, you’ll find yourself with a good dust collector after a few days. I guess you could say this is another album to keep you busy until your asses get bombed in September.

7/10

UM’s Review Rating Scale

Official Cloudscape Website
Official Metal Heaven Website