Club 77 - How fucked is this?

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
So by now we all know that 'Metal' has been canned at Club 77. That's fucked in itself in so far as they didn't even give the people who were there the chance to tell all their mates about it so that the name of the club would grow. Pulling the plug after just one night is deplorable. One reason I heard about why it was canned was because the owner was told that Utopia wouldn't necessarily be able to promote the place every week and it would be up to the club to do so. We can't really blame Utopia for this. They are a music store not a promoter, after all. I admit that considering the number of people who were there when the bands were on, compared to the number who stayed on after they'd finished, it looked a bit barren, but who knows how many of those would have come the following week, maybe bringing a pile of friends along with them? It wasn't even given a chance.

The clincher is of course that a half-page ad for 'Indie' at Club 77 appeared in the Drum the following Tuesday! The advertising deadline for Drum is Monday afternoon, so the decision to re-install 'Indie' on Friday nights (despite the club's claim that it was originally canned for not being popular) must have been made pretty quick. The ad even announces a 'new resident DJ direct from the UK'. Sounds to me like they knew something. What do you think?

I reckon that everyone who reads this between now (Friday October 5 at 6pm) and midnight should drag a bunch of people down to Club 77 tonight and say they're there for 'Metal'. I know I'm a bit hopeful with this plan, but imagine if it worked.

Liars and poseurs should be destroyed!

It does suck indeed I ended up having to go drink at The Town Hall Hotel in Newtown hearing crappy music on the juke box and waiting forever for my 3 songs to be played. All they had was 2 Bon Jovi songs.And a couple of other good things.
The cheek of some people I don't know!*shakes head*

captain%20obvious.gif

Originally posted by The Trooper
That really sucks. :(

Well Duh.

I know the solution, folks. Move to Melbourne! :)

Seriously though, most of the non-metal music people are farking turds.

And I never generalise at all......ummm....errr.....off I go.