We need metal clubs!!!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
I'm feeling so bored and restless at the moment!!!! I'm dying to go out somewhere to a metal club or something... where did they all go!!!!!

There are none now except DV8 and I hate that place! It's all just death/black/extreme metal. There are tons of extreme metal gigs on every weekend anyway.

There needs to be at least one weekly metal club around that has the kind of vibe that the Kiss parties do.... a real party/community atmosphere, lots of rock & roll girls, singalong metal classics blasting through the PA, competitions and events etc... and then the band/s at the end of the night. It would be great!

I think there's alot more chance of a metal club surviving and being popular if it offers that kind of thing like a proper CLUB rather than just basically being a venue for a gig which is what they usually turn out to be.

Right now I REALLY wish I was in LA in the '80s. I feel like going to a place like The Cathouse at the moment, I'm really in the mood! &*^$)%# I wanna start a good hard rock/metal club!! How do I do that? :lol:

Seriously though, I think the metal scene kinda needs a "home" and there should be a permanent club that is more than just a venue for gigs but a real community type place.

I spose I'll just have to wait another few months for the next Kiss Expo :(

:lol: :lol:

Yep I'll send out flyers, everybody can squash into my room, look at the Kiss posters, and listen to my records hahaha!

Then when it comes time for the live entertainment, I pick up my guitar and take requests LOL.

I'd love a club like that. They tried to start one in Sydney, didn't they, then stopped it after the first night?

It would stop me from accidently rooting wannabe Britney's.. That would be good.

To be honest, although metal seems to making a 'comeback', I don't think such a club has much chance of being very successful just yet.

Troops, people complain about this sort of thing saying, "I wish someone would start a metal club!" but don't forget, you're someone too. So either start one yourself or quit yer whining. :)

I think a club JUST for metal might not work because of the limited market. Maybe a club that does a Metal night once a week and advertises on 3 hours of power etc. Say for example does a Sabbath night one week, then maybe WASP - also does all Aussie stuff, plus pure metal nights.

Wouldnt be hard to come up with themes - maybe even occasionally do cover bands like Kissteria.

Anyone wanna find some venture capital to set this up :p

Biggest problem is most venue owners perceive metalheads as dickheads which isnt fair. You would be going to get a decent (large etc) pub / club to take this on.

There use to bea *metal night* (Wednesday nights I think) at one of those clubs in Chapel Street (this is like 5 or so years ago) - but the Metal they played was like Chilli Peppers and one or two Ozzy tracks -was pretty lame really. It didnt attract real metalheads and was dropped after a few months.

Well, another Los4 essay... wow.. is that the time...? chow.

The Trooper said:
Right now I REALLY wish I was in LA in the '80s. I feel like going to a place like The Cathouse at the moment, I'm really in the mood! &*^$)%# I wanna start a good hard rock/metal club!! How do I do that? :lol:

the cat house had some cool bands play there, but the crowd was a joke.
it was a metal disco. nights with no bands that what there was-danceing to records. and like them old discos if they didnt like how ya looked they wouldnt let ya in.

easiest way to start a club is to do like ricki and gus did with the cathouse though. the cathouse was only tuesday nights. that place was a gaybar called the probe and they werent makeing money except on the weekend so they started leaseing to different people the rest of the time. besides the cathouse there was a disco night and a countrywestern night...

it still takes a good bit of cash, because you still have to get your bizness liscense and pay for the night youll be there and pay anyone you want to play and employees and promotion...

but... anybody with a bar or club or whatever wants to make money. if you find somewhere has a slow night and you come up with something well thought out and have a band and a way to get people to come to see them...

one night is a good place to start. if theyre haveing a music night they already have the place and the employees and the insurance... blablabla
if you hit the right owner and you sell um on it, you could split the door and make yourself and the owner pretty happy.

Los4words said:
I think a club JUST for metal might not work because of the limited market. Maybe a club that does a Metal night once a week and advertises on 3 hours of power etc. Say for example does a Sabbath night one week, then maybe WASP - also does all Aussie stuff, plus pure metal nights.

Wouldnt be hard to come up with themes - maybe even occasionally do cover bands like Kissteria.

Anyone wanna find some venture capital to set this up :p

Biggest problem is most venue owners perceive metalheads as dickheads which isnt fair. You would be going to get a decent (large etc) pub / club to take this on.

There use to bea *metal night* (Wednesday nights I think) at one of those clubs in Chapel Street (this is like 5 or so years ago) - but the Metal they played was like Chilli Peppers and one or two Ozzy tracks -was pretty lame really. It didnt attract real metalheads and was dropped after a few months.

Well, another Los4 essay... wow.. is that the time...? chow.

yers are just essays,mine are novels!:p
i live in los angeles, so i have no clue what its like the places yer talking about-but yer talking about a metal show-isnt there somewhere less affluent you could try?

something else i have no idea if it's even valid any other country, but ya got elks or moose lodges? they all rent out and if they arent getting enough money they pretty much gotta take it where they can get it.

MRBEAST said:
yers are just essays,mine are novels!:p
i live in los angeles, so i have no clue what its like the places yer talking about-but yer talking about a metal show-isnt there somewhere less affluent you could try?

MTBEAST, ya gotta understand, we don't really have the population down here for that sorta thing. If it's _ANYWHERE_ in the greater city area (i.e. including the suburbs), it's all the same thing. Our entire country has the population of New York on it's own.

MRBEAST said:
something else i have no idea if it's even valid any other country, but ya got elks or moose lodges? they all rent out and if they arent getting enough money they pretty much gotta take it where they can get it.

Nuh, they look funny though, from what I've seen on sitcoms :) Don't understand what they do there either, other than wear funny hats.