Weekend festivities in Melbourne

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
On Saturday night there are a few metal related events on...

Black Majesty
Album launch gig at The Central Club Richmond. On stage about 11:30 or 12 I think...

The Deadthings
Live at Deviate, on stage at 1am.. featuring their all-new lineup and reworked songs. The drummer and bassist have been replaced and the songs have been reworked to sound more glam and all the punk influence is gone.

"Back In The Day"
Grand opening of a new '80s hard rock/glam metal club in the city.. video screens, pool tables, etc. Open 9pm-3am.

I wanna do all 3 :( I'm already going to Black Majesty because I've organised that with friends... but I wanna see The Deadthings too so I was gonna leave in time to catch most of the Deadthings at Deviate. Then I remembered about the new glam club and I wanna be there too! Maybe start at Back In The Day, head down to the Central Club around 11, then go to Deviate at 1. And if Deviate sucks (I hate it there) after The Deadthings finish and I don't wanna go home I can finish up at Back In The Day... I dunno.

No idea sorry! I can't wait though! I'm gonna glam myself up for it haha, and my hair is light blonde now! I'm still deciding whether I should tease it big or put it in a bandana Bret Michaels style.

:lol: You crack me up Troops :) Take a photo before you leave the house so we can all see :)

Great night! First went to see The Honuorable Wally Norman for free.. wasn't too bad, had its moment, and it was free :headbang:

Then went to the Central Club for Black Majesty. The first 2 bands sucked. The Eternal were boring and Template were boring but had a great singer. Black Majesty were pretty good but AWFUL mix and I don't think their songs are all that strong, but good musicians and played well and put on a pretty good show!

Then I went to Back In The Day... great club! Played nothing but classic hits from the classic hard rock, glam and metal bands, had a video screen showing concert footage, video clips, etc... (including bits from Decline Of Western Civilization!)... it rocked! :headbang: We were using pool cues for our air instruments at one stage even hahahaha! Mine was a mic stand during You Could Be Mine hahahaha!

Hahaha unfortuntaely nobody took a photo of the hair :( However I can get people to vouch for it haha, that Morgan dude on the Dungeon forum was there and he saw it lol. I did both hairdos. I went to Black Majesty with the Bret Michaels/Axl Rose type thing... then made it big and flipped over like Rikki Rockett out the top of my bandana at the club haha.