Metal clubs

Berserk

I am Them...
Sep 26, 2002
Moscow
www.foreststream.net
In Russia we have quite poor situation with clubs where metal concerts may take place. As far as I know, there are a few clubs, where you may come to listen to Metal. So I'm going to describe them a little.. So, let's start:

'R-club'

This is the cheapest and one of the smallest clubs, but lots of metal concerts take place there. Mainly, the sound is not good enough, but there are some exceptions sometimes. The club is populated by lots of drunken metalheads and so on... But anyway, I like it. :D

'Estakada' (Overpass)

Medium club, much better than R-club. Not bad sound, but quite hard to listen because of sound reflections causing too much 'sand'. Normal-sized stage and hall.

'Tochka' (Dot)

A big club in industrial style with different metal trash on the walls. :lol: Good sound, big stage, big hall and expensive bar.

'Avalon'

A new club, young but very promising. Styled as a medieval knight's castle. Big stage and hall, surround sound. The club has two floors.

Well, that's all I can say for now...

Interesting, how is it going with clubs in Europe?

Originally posted by Berserk

Interesting, how is it going with clubs in Europe?

You know... I hardly can compare what I've seen in here and in there... Better do not ask... Since I've been to 13 in Tilburg I cardly can force myself to pay a visit to any of our clubs, Berserk...
It is like shit and gold... :(
Thousands of excellent clubs with perfect security, CURTAINS in front of stages and bombastic sound (have never seen anyone being drunk during a gig, neither lesteners nor musicians)...
so I guess in 100 years we have something like that unless the people change...

in st. petersburg theres orlandina... never been there though...

but in canada, in toronto, there are some AWESOME clubs...

opera house:
saw paradise lost/opeth show there... all god, but dirty washrooms

reverb/cathedral:
saw arch enemy there... all good

rockit:
saw some local bands there... id say a bit small

the docks:
saw gorillaz \m/ there... meh-ish

danforth musichall:
saw procupine tree/opeth there... sucks ass, because its seated.

soon to come: a review of guvernment... (dimmu/nevermore/COB/hypocrisy show \M/ \M/)

hey, does anybody know of any good metal clubs in toronto? im going there this summer, and i wanted to know what i could see there. im missing the sounds of the underground tour by 2 days :-(.