Metal Clubs in the East -- Info Needed Please

Pellaz said:
The Masquerade in Atlanta will be closing, saith the latest rumour, in late June or early July.

Just out of curiosity, why did they book Celtic Frost for the Masquerade in October, if they know they're going to close this summer? Will the show move to the replacement club, or will we lose the date altogether?

Pellaz said:
The owners are currently evaluating four existing sites for the replacement club, all of which are near or outside the Perimeter

Gee, that's wonderful news...so will directions to the new location include the phrase "in the Publix shopping center next to Quiznos Sub"? :lol:

James said:
Just out of curiosity, why did they book Celtic Frost for the Masquerade in October, if they know they're going to close this summer? Will the show move to the replacement club, or will we lose the date altogether?

It'll be at the replacement club.

Gee, that's wonderful news...so will directions to the new location include the phrase "in the Publix shopping center next to Quiznos Sub"? :lol:

Heh, it might. One of the sites is a 1600-seater...with a smaller club next to it.

I''m hoping for "way out in the wilds of Barrow County, equidistant from Athens and Atlanta's northern suburbs," since that would put it right near meeee.........but I doubt that's the case. :lol:

The now-closed location for Dave & Busters was apparently one of the sites under consideration, but I think they've scrapped the idea.