GAMMA RAY in Minnesota -- who would go? PLEASE REPLY!

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Dear Fellow Brothers and Sisters of Metal,

I have seriously been losing sleep over this Gamma Ray tour! I cannot believe that the NYC date is on a Monday and the Virginia date is on a Tuesday. If I ever find out who made that routing decision, they will taste the cold steel of my Emerald Sword. *thwack!* :loco:

When I consider how much it is going to cost me to travel to any of these shows with airfare, hotel, food and what-not, I've honestly just thought about making an offer to bring GR to Minneapolis, Minnesota. I know that I would have to offer a HUGE amount for the date - probably take out a second on the house, sell the car, buy a bicycle, etc. :D

I guess I'm wondering if I actually did this if any of you would come up to Minnesota to see them. I promise you that tickets would be reasonable ... $15, $20 tops. I don't think it's possible to make money on a show like this, so I'll be very content to break-even.

If you are in the midwest or would consider travelling to the midwest to see the mighty Gamma Ray, please respond to this post. If there's enough interest, I'll see what I can do to get this show booked.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Nathan

Their tour is already set.

http://www.gamma-ray.com/tourdates.php?TOUR=future

Honestly, don't you think they would be going to some other large cities if they had time and it made sense? Philly, Chicago, etc.? My guess is they are restricted by time, money, visas, and everything else touring bands have to deal with.

Your best bet is to just plan on going to one of their current shows unless you have thousands at your disposal to blow. ;)

SwordLord said:
Bands have been known to change their minds for great sums of money before.
Most everyone changes their minds for that. ;)

SwordLord said:
It also helps that I know the guy who is booking them here in the US. If I offered enough money, I have little doubt I could get the show, but it would have to be a grand sum, I'm quite sure of it.
Very cool. Carry on, and good luck!

It'd cost more to get them to come to you than it would cost to go to the Virginia show.

OdinsCourt said:
Most everyone changes their minds for that. ;)

So, does that mean if OC was offered a large sum of money to become a
Menudo cover band, and never touch the metal realms again, you'd do it?

Oh, you and Pierpont have to wear belly shirts too!

:D

J-Dubya

Swordlord,

I know your pain. I too was ticked about the lack of shows in the U.S. I live down here in Kansas City and the only European band I've seen here is Apocalyptica. Edguy and Hammerfall had more shows than Gamma Ray has planned. Edguy and Hammerfall at least made it to Chicago which I would settle for if Gamma Ray would do the same. If you can find a way to get them to Minnesota that doesn't put you in financial jeopardy I'll be there because it would be cheaper than flying to Montreal which is the best option for me as it currently stands.

Any idea who's opening for Gamma Ray? I think if they got Dream Evil or perhaps Bloodbound to open they could possibly draw a lot more people to their shows and maybe warrant more shows.

Ballstorm said:
Swordlord,

I know your pain. I too was ticked about the lack of shows in the U.S. I live down here in Kansas City and the only European band I've seen here is Apocalyptica. Edguy and Hammerfall had more shows than Gamma Ray has planned. Edguy and Hammerfall at least made it to Chicago which I would settle for if Gamma Ray would do the same. If you can find a way to get them to Minnesota that doesn't put you in financial jeopardy I'll be there because it would be cheaper than flying to Montreal which is the best option for me as it currently stands.

Any idea who's opening for Gamma Ray? I think if they got Dream Evil or perhaps Bloodbound to open they could possibly draw a lot more people to their shows and maybe warrant more shows.

yea, be cause dream evil and bloodbound have such HUGE followings over here in the states, their both worse known tan Gamma Ray.

SwordLord said:
Dear Fellow Brothers and Sisters of Metal,

I have seriously been losing sleep over this Gamma Ray tour! I cannot believe that the NYC date is on a Monday and the Virginia date is on a Tuesday. If I ever find out who made that routing decision, they will taste the cold steel of my Emerald Sword. *thwack!* :loco:

When I consider how much it is going to cost me to travel to any of these shows with airfare, hotel, food and what-not, I've honestly just thought about making an offer to bring GR to Minneapolis, Minnesota. I know that I would have to offer a HUGE amount for the date - probably take out a second on the house, sell the car, buy a bicycle, etc. :D

I guess I'm wondering if I actually did this if any of you would come up to Minnesota to see them. I promise you that tickets would be reasonable ... $15, $20 tops. I don't think it's possible to make money on a show like this, so I'll be very content to break-even.

If you are in the midwest or would consider travelling to the midwest to see the mighty Gamma Ray, please respond to this post. If there's enough interest, I'll see what I can do to get this show booked.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Nathan

Dude, chill out! You'll see them in PP(I hope).:headbang:

Ballstorm said:

Hey brother, thanks for the response! I was actually thinking about flying to Montreal myself -- haven't been to Canada for a while... Probably the best date for me if I can't land GR in MN will be that Philadelphia date though.

IT's too bad that Kansas City is being ignored. Is there any sort of a scene down there? Any local or smaller national acts come through? Perhaps this is an untapped market that you and I can work on! :)

Uncle Swordzy

SwordLord said:
Hey brother, thanks for the response! I was actually thinking about flying to Montreal myself -- haven't been to Canada for a while... Probably the best date for me if I can't land GR in MN will be that Philadelphia date though.

IT's too bad that Kansas City is being ignored. Is there any sort of a scene down there? Any local or smaller national acts come through? Perhaps this is an untapped market that you and I can work on! :)

Uncle Swordzy

Kansas City doesnt really have much of a scene, from what I can tell. I have heard only one good local metal act. Its all a bunch of emo shit. We dont really get ignored too much, but we get ignored on some really good concerts. (ie COB, Strato, Hammerfall/Edguy, even Ozzfest).

Kansas City has a warm place in my musical heart, as my favorite band in the world, Shooting Star (classic rock) is from there. I drove down to Kansas City for a show back in 2000.

Swords, I'd obviously go to Gamma Ray here, assuming that I wasn't coerced into co-promoting as well! ;)

SeaStorm said:
Kansas City has a warm place in my musical heart, as my favorite band in the world, Shooting Star (classic rock) is from there.

Wow, that got my attention, since I'm, like, old. :)

Shooting Star was classic rock, but their song (their only 'hit', I think) "Last Chance" really steps over the boundary into progressive territory. It's one of my favorite rock-radio 'chestnuts.' :D I didn't know they were from KC.

Meanwhile, back to Gamma Ray.... I'd been thinking they were a likely shoo-in for PPUSA VII given Glenn's original cryptic post, but with this 'tour' taking place, I'd assume those odds have gone down somewhat.

Pellaz said:
Wow, that got my attention, since I'm, like, old. :)

Shooting Star was classic rock, but their song (their only 'hit', I think) "Last Chance" really steps over the boundary into progressive territory. It's one of my favorite rock-radio 'chestnuts.' :D I didn't know they were from KC.
Great band! 'Last Chance' got a lot of radio play, so did 'Where You Gonna Run', at least here. My fave SS song was 'Sweet Elatia' from the 'Hang On To Your Life' album...their best album, imo.

There was "Last Chance" then "Hang On To Your Life" as well as "Breakout" (both from their 2nd release)that got a LOT of airplay in Chicago at that time. I saw them play at Loopfest, 1 or 2, an all day Chi-Town radio station sponsored concert. Somewhere I have a copy of a live show at the Park West that was broadcast over the same radio station....
Cool band, at least for those first 2 releases....

J-Dubya - Old Geezer