I DID IT! GAMMA RAY WILL BE IN MINNESOTA!

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
<Cartman voice>
"You guys!! You guys!! Oh-my-God, you guys!!"

The very mighty GAMMA RAY will be making their ONLY MIDWEST STOP here in Minnesota on Friday, May 12, 2006 at THE ROCK NIGHTCLUB in Maplewood, Minnesota.

After weeks of strenuous negotiations, I finally have a signed copy of both contracts (band/venue), so I'm doing the "Glenn-thing" and announcing now that I have both. [Glenn, you're a SMART GUY, I almost announced this three weeks ago and then there was a major venue screw-up ... thanks for all your guidance and wisdom!]

GAMMA RAY will be performing the CLOSING DATE of the tour in Minnesota. I am so honored and happy to be the only midwest/midcountry stop!

I hope that this is convenient for some of you to get to! I am so psyched for this show and it would be awesome to have you there.

For more information, we've set up a MySpace site on-the-fly until our website is ready. Please check out www.MySpace.com/GammaRayMN

I hope to see you there!

In Metal,
THE SWORDLORD
... head still spinning after Sonata on 1/31, and now this?! I LOVE MY LIFE!

Proper thanks should be issued to the following:

John Finberg of First Row Talent -- thank you for bringing me to the attention of the band's management

David & Mark -- thanks for providing backing for this show and believing in a crazy, long-haired metal freak like me!

John McGovern of Mayhem Productions -- thanks for being a part of this show and being willing to do so much for "the dream" -- you are the reason why these types of shows will prevail when the great corporate greed-productions have crumbled into fine grey dust!

ANYONE WHO WAS AT THE SONATA SHOW for providing the inspiration to really pull out all the stops and get this done!

I am so fortunate and so blessed ... I hope you can all be a part of a really amazing evening on Friday, May 12, in Minnesota.

All about the music,
Nathan "The SwordLord" Block

that's pretty cool man, i wish more people concentrated on doing things like this, instead of just sitting at home and whining about it.

awesome dude.

:worship: HAIL THE SWORDLORD :worship:

I still haven't gotten over the Sonata show and now this!!!!

I MUST have to come up with something at work to be in MN on that date. I'm supposed to leave MN at the end of March (so I barely get to catch Dream Theater before going home.)

<Cartman voice>
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MisterMayhem said:
No. We got ION VEIN (IL) and MILES BEYOND (MI) and one more band.

I don't think anybody is going to complain about that. Miles Beyond is excelent (gotta show some love for the Michigan boys) and Ion Vein isn't bad at all. I've been finding myself in Minnesota a lot lately.. You might see me there.

Looks like another rock n roll road trip....

Powerfest in April, Now THIS in may.......

Cool! Good job dude! Hope it at least breaks even for ya!

J-Dubya

Had a great time in Minnesota for Sonata. And even though I don't really care much for Gamma Ray, I would consider going just to support Nathan.

For anyone who has not attended one of Nathan's shows, I highly recommend making the trip. The man is like a freakin celebrity there. But he takes the time to make everyone feel genuinely welcomed to his show, and true to form is front row going nuts.

Thanks for the Sonata show Nathan, and I cant wait to make it up there for another one.

Matt

Congrats Nathan! I know this is something you really wanted to happen! Kudos to you and and all your hard work!

BTW, GA already has Glenn, so Nightmare1z desire to have you live in GA would be overkill. Instead, you need to move to the MD/DC/VA area! :Spin:

Oh well I guess Chicago gets the short end of the stick yet again. I'd love to know the thinking or lack of that goes behind the tour management. SIGH

The_Q said:
Oh well I guess Chicago gets the short end of the stick yet again.

sheesh... Helloween skipped Cleveland on both of their recent (short) US tours... and their webmaster FRICKING LIVES HERE. Chicago (and/or Aurora) gets almost every tour that comes through, plus they host at least one quality metal festival every year (sometimes two). I wouldn't worry, dude... GR probably just wasn't planning on doing a lot of dates.