Clutch: a band that seems to have it worse than ANTHRAX

One of the plus sides to all of this is that they meet people from all different facets from all over the world. They've got connections . You would never see them start at the bottom if they did have to get day jobs. Look at Dave Ellefson. He's a ceo for Peavey now. I could see Charlie being a producer. Scott being in PR or being a VJ. Bush being a bartender or bar owner in L.A. and Frank acting at some level. Rob, I dont know, but he's young enough to do just about anything . I'm actually amazed he took the job with Anthrax because it's such a risk on his part.

Interesting choices, and you're right, they'd all be able to move into other careers with relative ease. Barring a miraculous return to the Billboard charts with WCFYA, what'd rule would be if they all did that, yet left time open in their schedules to pursue Anthrax at least part-time. I think the era of the Rock Star is waning, and the smart thing to do is take the path of Henry Rollins - he sings, writes, does spoken word tours, acts, he's a one-man cottage industry.

Yeah, remember when there was a link to the interview with Scott from some financial web site? They also had interviews with Rollins, Alice Cooper, and some other rock people. Rollins said he nets a six figure income just off the spoken word... amazing. Good for him, too, 'cuz the Rollins Band definitely isn't pulling in the bacon any more. "The End of Silence" still kills all, though.

Rollins went into detail about how he makes his living on his last spoken word performance. He doesn't even try to get movies. If his "15% lady" (his agent) calls, and he isn't busy working on a record, he'll go audition, and just acts like an asshole while he is there. Sometimes they call back, he doesn't care either way. His 15% lady called last year, and voila, Rollins is in "Bad Boys II"

cool thread,it was speculated that anthrax got around 6 million for a 3 record deal with electra.

they also got paid out when electra finished there contract after 2 albums.

but with sacking joey and spitz leaving who knows how much money they got,they would have got a healthy payout one would assume.

yes there albums sales have deteriated over the years,stomp 300 thousand in the states and volume 80 thousand in the states i am sure worldwide that figure is tripled.

and many bands in interviews say its only worthwile financially if your in the biz for a long time so the royalty chacks must flow through regularly for them maybe they arent huge but are enogh to hold a comfortable lifestyle.

with worldwide sales over the years of 10 million at least and the fact that they have only been putting out a record every 5 years or so,anyone that can afford not to work for 5 years def aint doing to bad

I can't believe Elektra paid them out. They lose money for no reason, they should have at least given them a shot. Breaking even is far better than paying a band out. How stupid of them. I bet the only reason why Anthrax ever signed with those fuckers was that Metallica was on the same label.

Originally posted by TD
Stomp only sold 100,000 in the US
Royalty for radio is about 12 cents per play. It does however add up. Think about a band like Boston, and DO THE MATH. But yeah, Anthrax still get radio airplay, although not a lot, they are in fact paid for it.

charlie in an interview did say stomp sold bout 300 in the states,maybe that was worldwide.

i am going on holdays in bout a month that will give me a chance to go through my 3000 plus mags lol

coulda been a misprint or could been worlwide,its all good.

on the sludgescan there albums currently stand

sown 511,000
stomp 115,000
volume 76,000
return a's 46,000
a's video 8,000

i am gonna email metalsludge and ask for an updated sludgscan on all the albums listed.

46,000 copies of return of the killer a's is pretty healthy lets hope they can at least double that figure whenever it gets release in the mighty usa