Clutch and Anthrax show in 96

jdelpi

Imported Killer
Ty and anyone else who cares. I found this quote as I searched through my extensive Anthrax historical archives.

"They play our song a few times a week on that station[in Detroit], and you wouldn't believe what it does," Gaster says. "You can go to a town, have people at your shows, and actually make a little bit of money." The group's popularity in Detroit gave Clutch what many bands would consider a dream show: "We headlined over the Misfits and Anthrax," Gaster smiles. "Which is kind of cool, I guess."

The website I got the quote from (4 or 5 years ago) is no longer up.

Fu Manchu was the first opening band.

Quicksand reunited for a hot minute a few years ago didn't they? How stupid was that? They were great. I wasn't too big of a fan of the second album but it grew on me. When I listen to it, it reminds of my freshman year of college. But I haven't even heard it in years. Damn, I'm getting old.

Originally posted by jdelpi
I am writing the Anthrax history now. ugh. this could take forever.

I would help but it seems that you have a plethora of knowledge. I have a bootleg video of Scott Ian and Milano backstage at the Roseland in 96 trading cigars. And then they offer Bush one and he politely declines for vocal/sickness reasons.

Originally posted by AlexStomp
I would help but it seems that you have a plethora of knowledge. I have a bootleg video of Scott Ian and Milano backstage at the Roseland in 96 trading cigars. And then they offer Bush one and he politely declines for vocal/sickness reasons.

Any good quotes on any topic would be appreciated. Especially stuff from Attack of the Killer B's-era. I could probably use some more U4EA-era stuff as well, but I forget what I have.
If you send any, please include the source, which includes:
Author(s) of article
Title of article
name of magazine
month/year of mag and # of magazine if applicable (e.g. Metal Forces #12)
all pages the article appeared on

Since I am citing all my sources, I can't use quotes without this info.
notman@anthrax.com

scanned articles (even if in graphic form) or xerox copies in the mail would also be greatly appreciated :D