cob @ finland

COB:

* Two best guitarists of Finland (both first class in international comparison)
* Arguably best keyboard player in the world
* Best music in the world..

Sorry, but LOL!

Jari Maenpaa wipes the floor with both of them! Not just on guitar but vocally, composition wise... must i go on :p

Best keyboard player in the world? He's good but that's a big statement. CoB are probably the most popular within their genre, but that doesn't necessarily make them 'the best'. Well not IMO anyway.

Norther, Ensiferum and Wintersun are all ahead.

Reactions: Noble Viking
Sorry, but LOL!

Jari Maenpaa wipes the floor with both of them! Not just on guitar but vocally, composition wise... must i go on :p

:lol: Well, maybe Jari is a quite good guitar player (though I'm shure Roope, at least, kicks his ass) but for shure, COB totally owns him when it comes to composition! I'm sorry but Wintersun compositions have nothing exceptionnal at all and still verry basic stuff compared to COB. Ok it sounds good, but millions of bands are able to do the same thing!

Järven Tyttö;5769649 said:
:lol: Well, maybe Jari is a quite good guitar player (though I'm shure Roope, at least, kicks his ass) but for shure, COB totally owns him when it comes to composition! I'm sorry but Wintersun compositions have nothing exceptionnal at all and still verry basic stuff compared to COB. Ok it sounds good, but millions of bands are able to do the same thing!

Yeah, he plays the every guitar and keys himself, cool.. someone else does the drums and they're completely out of place.. This is interesting but I don't feel a need to listen to that music much.

HIM is probably more popular but COB's the most popular METAL band in Finland. Other than that, Norther seem pretty popular too. They made it at number 16 on the charts once?

HIM is probably more popular but COB's the most popular METAL band in Finland. Other than that, Norther seem pretty popular too. They made it at number 16 on the charts once?

There are far more famous metal bands in Finland than Norther, but it doesn't matter...

Anyways, Jari is technically amazing, but I find Laiho's solos far more interesting to listen to, as they are more memorable. I'm not saying Jari is bad though, his technical skills rip Laiho's off the sheet.

Actually, Ville only sings in the band. There's a guitarist,a bass player, a keyboardist and a drummer too there.

But some of Finland's most popular metal bands: HIM, Nightwish, Cob, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Mokoma, Stam1na, Kotiteollisuus, Sentenced, Norther, Ensiferum, Apocalyptica, Charon, Lordi (debatable if it's metal or not...), Tarot and Diablo...for example.

yes and we have amorphis too. :kickass:

Järven Tyttö;5769649 said:

negative.