COB Interviews

It's been asked so many times why don't you do that neo-classical stuff anymore, and the answer is always because we're not Yngwie wannabes. What they really mean to ask is why not do the more atmospheric and lead-ridden songs again. It's not the neo-classical thing that made the difference actually.

They answered my question, sweet! Buuuuut, I kind of think Alexi has no technical insight on his equipment at all. There are clearly pictures and footage that proves that his input volume clearly isn't at 10 (clipping point), but output input might be at 10. But then again it's clear that he doesn't use it for anything other than splitting the line anymore. Furthermore, you can't obtain the Bodom sound with the GP-1000 without the gain modification of the first cathode gain-stage. The Korg Pandora is actually way better at getting the sound than a regular 88 or 87 version. Another thing that I think is shitty is that the intellifex can't have effects before it without destroying the sound and if you turn the input volume over 12 o'clock the whole sound gets very trebley. Alexi is clearly very overprotective of his sound and doesn't want others to have any insight in it.

Alexi is clearly very overprotective of his sound and doesn't want others to have any insight in it.

It would strip him off a part of his guitar god mysticism if all the kids could have his exact sound. I'm not saying he wants to be a guitar god but it's totally understandable you don't want others to have your secrets. I think if another guitar idol asked he would reveal, but not somewhere where it spreads.

Alexi is clearly very overprotective of his sound and doesn't want others to have any insight in it.

dude alexi has got his own signature pickup to get his type of sound. what could he give more? "guys if you play x trebble, x middles and x bass with the gain all the way ull sound just like me" does any guy do that anyway?

dude alexi has got his own signature pickup to get his type of sound. what could he give more? "guys if you play x trebble, x middles and x bass with the gain all the way ull sound just like me" does any guy do that anyway?

His P/U alone will not get you the Alexi sound. It takes a lot more than that.

What more could he give? Accurate info. He says he still uses Lee Jackson pre-amp, yet Janne has come on here and said neither Alexi or Roope even use that pre-amp now.

So all we are wanting is correct info

Wow that was a pain-in-the-ass interview, but luckily Henkka is pretty bright-minded for a bassist so it turned out alright.