COB Interviews

I tried it, it's just gray... gray... gray... not as captivating as the others. PS4 will need to be blessed with many convincing games for me to ever buy it. If I created a console, I'd rather settle for PS2 graphics and have emphasis/budget on story, atmosphere, music, exciting gameplay... There's enough technology already, it's what we dreamed at the end of 90's, but back then we took the epicness of the games as given. Unfortunately we don't have that anymore. Maybe I'll buy the new Wii in near future to experience the new Zelda, since I happened to enjoy the others, although I'm sensing the new one is a sellout project. It really sucks cos there's INFINITE potential for unforgettable gaming experiences, but there's no creativity! And really the creativity, music and art don't cost the way graphics and mechanics do. They're supposed to be the foundation of games. There's plenty of stuff to experience in real life, I don't need a boring game that simply tries to mimic reality in a boring way. And those pipe-games, I'll rather watch a movie. Only occasion where pipe proceeding is acceptable in 3D world is if it's a good horror game.

Sofi666 is Mrs. Bodom isn't she on reddit? (Because she talked here and asked there about W13 collab) He ignored ESA's question:(

But he looks after the robber of his WildChild RR, yeeah :p

He ignored ESA's question:(

He did. I tried coming up with something that he couldn't answer with "the new album" or "this song from the new album" is the best we've done. Had he answered we would've gotten some insight into whether he likes the melodic songs or the more riff oriented ones (Although we already know the answer don't we? :D)

2cc414c007816b552b971b7b3f2c14cb_M.jpg

LEGACY MAGAZINE #98 (Available from September 18th!)

More than 300 pages in total, including a special about „Suomi Finland Perkele“ with huge interviews with our title heroes AMORPHIS and CHILDREN OF BODOM, a roundtable-discussion with the frontmen Tomi and Alexi and an article telling you everything about the history of Finnish Death Metal.

PLUS: AMORPHIS/CHILDREN OF BODOM Split-EP with six tracks: each band with one exclusive live-song, one rare (‚Black Winter Day‘ by CHILDREN OF BODOM) or completely unreleased (‚Every Time I Die‘ by AMORPHIS) cover of the other band, and one new Children Of Bodom-album song plus one very rare Amorphis-bonustrack originating from the „Circle“-Mailorder-Special-Edition.

Well, I can't tell how hard it is, but it seems like that german is one of the hardest languages to learn.

The der die das stuff and all the variations like dem den etc are a challenge and it only gets worse when you get the diesem dieser etc. stuff. Then again Finnish is way harder according to most people as we have so many of those little ending add-ons that you can attach to words.

I first began writing the stuff down myself but ended up thinking it's too hard so I did a little googling. Seriously. HOLY FUCK! I never though Finnish would be this goddamn fucking insane!

http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~fkarlsso/genkau2.html

All the possible ways to bend the word "kauppa" (shop). There is a total of 2 249 forms to divide it into. :OMG:

Also Hungarian is way harder lang.than German, because as the Finnish guys above we also use a lot of affixes. It's not so hard to understand the article forms, to read in German I think it's unnecessary, but to speak and to write, now that's something, especially to speak it, because you don't have minutes-hours to think about the right formulas. What important is the word order! The good thing is, that as far as I know most of the Germans don't use their "literary" lang, but their own broad accent and they just don't really care about the articles. I also heard that Tirolean-German is one of the hardest dialects to understand.

Yeah, a lot of younger German people can't use the language in a proper way, so no worries, you can blend in perfectly!

Another good sentence would be "Ein Schnitzel, bitte", pure value!

I learned Norwegian which has similar vocabulary to German but much easier grammar - that's in general what I think about German, we have a lot of stupid grammar we don't even use (Future II/ Subjunctive II (Even I is barely used nowadays)). If you focus on the basic things which you can use regularly it's really not that hard of a language :)

Spanish, on the other hand, was much more of a dick :-D

About hard languages, the top ones orally are Polish, Finnish, Icelandic, Russian and if written, you can include Chinese. This is different for everyone of course. But this "ranking" has been made for native english speakers or people from latin countries "France/Spain/Italy/Portugal/and I might forget some XD"

I found it funny how someone asked Alexi why he stopped doing the really melodic/neo-classical style playing and he said it was because he was getting annoyed that a lot of bands were doing the same thing but now COB has a bunch of generic thrashy songs :p

The same though passed through my mind too when I read it :D

I found it funny how someone asked Alexi why he stopped doing the really melodic/neo-classical style playing and he said it was because he was getting annoyed that a lot of bands were doing the same thing but now COB has a bunch of generic thrashy songs :p

:D Yeah they're now doing what Lamb of God is doing and it's weird cos we used to look proudly at those shit grindcore thrash bands knowing COB has more special style of music and way more creativity. Now COB is pretty much mimicing them and opening up for them. I would've rather seen them develop the green and blue album style to new heights, becoming an esteemed top class level band with their own style, instead of being the underdog and proving the fans of famous bands that they're more creative (as a warm-up band) / winning over their fans. Maybe Alexi is annoyed how bands like Lamb of God have so many fans despite doing worse music, so he wants to steal them by doing better music in similar style. It shocked me when I realized during RRF period that the keyboards are the only element remaining that sets COB apart from many such bands, when in the past the guitar leads and atmosphere were more intricate. Well, they do what they want, I just hope it's dictated by where they feel they have something to offer rather than where they think the money is.

Yeah, a lot of younger German people can't use the language in a proper way, so no worries, you can blend in perfectly!

Another good sentence would be "Ein Schnitzel, bitte", pure value!

I learned Norwegian which has similar vocabulary to German but much easier grammar - that's in general what I think about German, we have a lot of stupid grammar we don't even use (Future II/ Subjunctive II (Even I is barely used nowadays)). If you focus on the basic things which you can use regularly it's really not that hard of a language :)

Spanish, on the other hand, was much more of a dick :-D

Well, but that's related to that german youth who listen to that hip-hop and rap shit and so on. Our "normal" youth speaks as normal as the older counterpart except of the few english words we tend to use nowadays. Words like "hashtag, twittering, gaming" etc. but I guess in other countries it's the same.

And the thing with the article is that so much of our young people are migrants, there is less german youth. They basically can't speak it the right way. For expample "Die Frau", which means "The Woman", you can't write that with "der" oder "das". Our words have grammatical genders.

Стас Проклятый;11058169 said:
Guys, does anyone have this magazine? This is the full interview?

_xibekUXKVE.jpg
GNkkhWfQXvU.jpg

Yes, it's 2 pages, but there's also another one over 3 pages a few pages back (it's just about the new album)