COB Interviews

I'm going in the army in the summer were we have a maximum hair length of 5 millimeters

Military police? That's where I was, (unfortunately... it was cool, but terrible atmosphere... and prepare for some dark, lonely nights with only men around for weeks.)

Last edited:
Military police? That's where I was, (unfortunately... it was cool, but terrible atmosphere... and prepare for some dark, lonely nights with only men around for weeks.)
Not planning on military police, but you never know where they put you. A friend of mine just got out of the army, he's been telling me and my other friends plenty of stories about how much it sucks to be there :D

Damn you're such a junior. Ten years ago when I went to the army I was going high on Bacardi Breezers on our group ride while listening to Norther's Mirror of Madness. When we got on line the high ranking military officer came to pick me up cos I was suspiciously cheery (telling everyone how fucking cool and amazing it is we're in army) and they checked my bag looking for drugs with a dog and everything. Then I even unconsciously took their bottle as I was nervous. They asked me how you feel like coming to the military service, I said 'soo cool'. Well... there was cool stuff and sucky stuff... but end of story.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESA1996
About that reason, I'll just say... blame the girl... instead of attacking the guy. It's the easiest way for narcissists to justify their wrath, to act like you touched someone they 'own.'

Last edited:
Just speculation of course, don't know if there was a girl involved, but the usual reason for abuse and bullying: aggressive predatorial personalities finding a weak/innocent/vulnerable person.

Maria, the administrator of COB Russian community, took an interview with Janne during Tuska Open Air Festival. The thing is - it's available in Russian only, sorry. If google translate doesn't help you, feel free to ask the details

Link: http://www.news-w.org/vse-novosti/3822-intervyu-s-yanne-virmanom.html
z_5Qf8C3CMk.jpg

!!!!!! About "Talking of the Trees" which they released with Inearthed, Janne said:
"И еще - я вам ничего не говорил, это пока неофициально, но вполне возможно, что мы ее выпустим в следующем году, ведь у нас же юбилей..."
Something which could be translated (I think, I haven't studied Russian for long) by:
"And also, I did tell you anything, because it's still unofficial, but it's possible that we release it next year as you know, it's our anniversary..."

!!!!!! Imagine how awesome would it be to have so rerecorded Inearthed stuff ! :O It was absolutly pure gold !

Ps: Стас, don't hesitate to correct me if I misunderstood. But I really hope I didn't XD

Cute girls.

Well it looks like they will do something for their anniversary. Hopefully it will be something good and not yet another complilation album.

I think they will just remaster those old songs, make two new covers, maybe put on two-three live recordings (really maybe, they stopped doing even this), and that's about it. Because Alexi started talking about focusing on new album next year again (which seems like a big mistake to me). At least they are pretending that they are still young by hitting the gym and playing some almost forgotten live songs.

I was thinking the new album would be released around December 2017/January2018 as it's often 2 years and 2 months between albums.
And I really hope you guys are right. It would be truly amazing if they re-recorded/remastered those songs. Better than the cover album they released for their 15 bd.