COB Interviews

Would a scan or something of the COB story in the current issue of Revolver be too much to ask? Pretty pretty please with a cherry and a bottle of Finlandia Cranberry on top...!;)

You see, the magazine is not available where I live (I'm sure I'm not the only one in that situation!). I've been thinking about subscribing, but wondering if a. the few really interesting things (CoB stories etc) would be worth it and b. subscribing now would actually also get you the current issue or only start at the next.

@ Lanterns: This is the text of the CoB piece in the current (December) issue of Revolver:

When Children of Bodom got off the road in November 2006, frontman Alexi Laiho should have been ecstatic - the power-thrashers had just
concluded two years of successful touring. Instead, he was far too angry and frustrated to celebrate. "I was so tired of everything and everybody,"
he says. "I was just like, 'Fuck this, I'm going to get drunk.'" Laiho plunged into an alcohol stupor that lasted several months. Then, last spring, he
sobered up and started writing again. "It was hard, because when I finally woke up, I felt twice as fucked up as before I started drinking," he says.
"But when I got my shit together, I came up with some good stuff."
That "stuff" includes nine new Bodom songs, which the band will start recording in December (?) with co-producer Peter Tagtgren. The yet-
untitled record will include "Pray for the Devil", "Good Morning Roadkill" and "Tie My Rope" and is tentatively scheduled for release in March.
"I was in a really aggressive mood, so I think the songs are thrashier and faster than the ones on (2005's) "Are You Dead Yet?", Laiho says. "It's a
faster album, but some of it is more progressive. You'll just have to hear it."

Thanks sleeper666!
It's obvious Revolver got something a little messed up though, as the recording already started some time ago as we all know, duh.
And was that really all of the story or is there more?

I think he already went to the cabin in Lapland a year ago and recorded some ideas with guitar.. last spring they already had 5 songs ready!

Yes, more than 4 full months after it's completely finished, mixed and mastered.

I wanna know why? What have I done to deserve this.

I didn't know where to post THIS, but it made me smile.

Go to "George Lynch" and watch his video. At about 2/3rds of the video, he talks about Alexi for a brief moment and apparently Alexi is scary :lol:.

I don't know where to put this but, here 'goes. Here's something completely different. It is not an interview and has almost nothing to do with Children of Bodom except for a small music clip at the end. :p It's actually a dude dressed up in a rather neat looking Space Marine suit holding some candles then hitting a guitar against a tree, but what the hell, eh? Here's is yet another oddity where Bodom's music has been used. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where to put this but, here 'goes. Here's something completely different. It is not an interview and has almost nothing to do with Children of Bodom except for a small music clip at the end. :p It's actually a dude dressed up in a rather neat looking Space Marine suit holding some candles then hitting a guitar against a tree, but what the hell, eh? Here's is yet another oddity where Bodom's music has been used. :p

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=59zodpE9x5Q

:lol: I hope you win, that vid is awesome:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

he's disguised as a Chaos Marine from Warhammer 40.000.that was hilarious.it's a really well done custom,:lol:

here's an example of the real thing:
seortetricotraidorjg1.png

colours can be changed widely,as the user paints the whole thing.

:lol: I believe he's in a Black Templar Space Marine suit. I really liked his work on the costume as well, there's more videos on You Tube to go along with it. Those crazy Welsh! :p (Err, I think they may be Welsh, I think I read somewhere that they were. o_O )

Last edited by a moderator: