COB Interviews

I know it´s not exactly cob interview, but there is Janne so....btw can anybody tell us what are they talking about, not the translation of course, but a summary....please ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from the new issue of metal hammer (with Nightwish on the cover)
I did a type up as the text is hard to read on the scan (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/HannahJD/alexiinterview.jpg)

ROAD WARRIOR

After ten years and six albums, melodic death metallers Children Of Bodom must know a thing or two about touring. And, er, chicken....

What was your first ever tour like?
"It was great. We were opening for Benediction, Hypocrisy and Covenant. [Your first tour] is the first time you get to see inside a tour bus.. you even get free beer...everything is all new and fun. It was really enjoyable but, more importantly, it did a lot of good for us as a band because no one really knew who the fuck Children Of Bodom were back then"

Did you find it strange being on the road?
"We just didn't know what we were doing! Every night we would just climb into the nearest bunch to us- we had no idea you were supposed to stay in the same bunch for the tour. We found out then Hypocrisy, whose bus we were on, shook us awake in the middle of the night, screaming at us in Swedish. They were cool guys, though. We learnt so much by watching them every night"

Did you ever tour in a van?
"In Finland, but no abroad. Finland in a van in a fucking cold, man. Three years in a row we did the traditional Christmas tour from Boxing Day to New Years Day. On the last one we did it was -35 degrees."

That doesn't sound much fun..
"It was five gigs in five days and i'm not fucking kidding, man: it took five different vans because they all broke down. The worst one we had, the engine kept overheating. To coool it down, the fans would suck in the ait from the outside. It was the same temperature inside as out. Fucking -30 degrees!"

How bad did that tour get?
"One time we got to a hotal, but they wouldn't let us check in because it was only 6am. So we all went back to the van where the heating wasn't working, and waited. When it was time for us to check in, I woke up one of the road crew and, I shit you not, his hair had frozen solid to the window. We had to yank his hair off the window. If he'd been left there any long he could've died"

Got any tips for bands on their first tour?
"Know how to get along. That is the most importent think and we have been touring for 10 years and we don't have any issues. If there is a problem with someone, we just go right ahead and say it. Don't let it build up and don't talk shit behind someones back either. We're brothers here so we always feel we say things to each other."

What is the worst experience you've ever had with food on tour?
"That was in Spain. The catering guy had prepared us some chicken that was so blood and uncooked that it was really, really disgusting. But you know, we hadn't eaten in a long time so we thought we'd better have some..."

Were you ill?
"Well, we all figured we'd eat some but also have a show of vodka afterwards to kill the germs. Everyone had vodka apart from our sound guy and he got salmonella. For two days afterwards he had a fever up to nearly 40 degrees. He had to go to hospital and everyone else was ok.

What is the biggest lesson that you've learned about life on the road?
"Whenever you have a day off, actually have a day off. Do not fucking drink. I have made this mistake before. Obviously the night after a gig you are going to go crazy but then the next day you wake up and think, 'Hey, a day off! Let's all start drinking again!' even though its still the morning. So you start drinking at 9am and then the next thing you know its three in the morning and you have just passed out. The next day, dude, I am not kidding. There are no words to describe that shit- the hangover is so bad."

And the last place you want to be is stuck on a tour bus..
"Yeah! Sometimes i have been to scared to get of bed or even get on the tour bus. I have to pop a tranquillizer just to be able to talk to people. So, there you fo. My advice is to a have a few beers but don't get fucked up. Actually, Henkka go so fucked up on a day off once that he tried to hail a cab in New York and told it to take him back to Helsinki. I'm still not sure how he thought it was going to get accross the Atlantic.."

This was posted a couple days ago on YouTube. Dont know what its saying though

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4rtZZOwsa2U[/ame]

That is teaser for Get In The Pit interview that is coming some times later. Rough & quick translation:

I: We have some questions from fans...Kake want's to know from where your amazing stage speaks come from? he might be fucking with you...
A: They are based on humor...
I: Lissu wants to know if you use any conditioner and if yes what brand?
A: (laughs) yes I use conditioner, I don't know, I try to use some good brands. I use Tigi products quite often.
I: And the last one Miia from Tampere, what is secret of your sexiness?
A: (shakes his head and laughs little bit) ....
I: I think women like that hairflip. What do you think?
A: Let's stick with that...or maybe it's the cars after all.

And for those who happens to know my real name and hometown I would like to point out that last question is not from me :lol:.

No problem. Apparently GITP is planning to put subtitles to the whole episode when it comes out. That would be nice.

Although I got some of it, I'm glad you translated it for us Valkokukka :D

I hope someone records it too, would be funny to see the whole interview :p