COB Interviews

I've just found this translation of the Guitar Heroes interview, which may be of some (belated!) interest (though obviously not to the Finnish speakers amongst us!)

First question: "when you were first called and asked to write a song with just solos in it, were you like 'okay, no problem' or like 'what the fuck is this shit?' Alexi:"actually they didn't even call me, they said it right to my face, not even behind my back. No, it was more like a why not type of thing. It was just weird that a big label does something like this. The only negative thing in my perspective was that I was, I mean I am, kinda tied up with COB at the moment cos we're going to studio. But after all, one song came up pretty fast and easy." (Alexi playing) "now we'll record and it's gonna go right" (from the guy at the table) Alexi:"well this song had some riffs that I've made for my own pleasure at home. Just recorded some guitarstuff" (Nino Laurenne interrupts:) "which you haven't approved to your own songs for COB!" Alexi:"SHH! Haha..no, let's just say, for real, that they are riffs that cannot be used in COB-type-of music. Like just guitarwanking..well, fuck, I'm talking a lot of shit, COB is guitarwanking. Well, anyways, that's not the point here. I had a few riffs but like I said before, I did this in quite a rush. I had a thing that we started with and uhm..Tommi Lilman, a drummer I've played with for many years, I asked him to come with cos we can do stuff fast and effective and that fast the point here. Then we just went through the basics and the stucture of the song and then uhm..well I did pull a few guitar-things out of the air even in uhm..even in the recording sessions. And it was fun and challenging for me because.. well for example some solos, I didn't have anything ready so I just played something and it was fun to do thing like this, not having anything ready. So it was challenging." (Somewhere around 2:40, Alexi playing. He stops..)"I don't know" Hahha! "Let's listen to it" Nino: "well the basic meaning of this album is not to make songs that no one can play. We've tried to get players that are from different kind of metalbands in Finland and if I understood correctly, I just heard, there's a karaoke version coming as well. So basically all the solos are missing, there's just 2nd guitars, basses etc. and you can play on that whatever you want to. Faster and harder if you want to..or if you CAN." (Bald guy laughing) "Laiho had the best comment when he didn't get something right on the third time. 'Fuck..oh fuck..PERKELE! Aargh..what's wrong with them?! (pointing at his fingers)" (Nino again:) "they were guite fast sessions. Our goal was to have one guitarist per day. And this boxer thing was Euge who, after about half an hour of playing, started to complain about his ass getting sweaty. Well, there's no other cure here but to take your pants off and uhm..play the banjo in your boxers. Literally. And what could be more fun..or relaxing. Alexi:"so it's the same leather stool that I sat on..and he just played there.." Nino:"actually I think he played just before you did" Alexi: "alright..well that's okay, Euge is alright" Nino:"some people are connected by things but maybe this album is connected by mutual ass-sweat..and that can be heard!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Cringed at "trying to forget first album" and "want to tour with Slipknot"

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool interview but yeah, ''trying to forget the first album'' and ''it'd be cool to tour with Slipknot'' were like two punches in the face :erk:

The UK part was indeed a funny part, :lol: How Janne went about it won't please the label.

Directed to Chamet:

Dude, it doesn't! :lol: I'm just a random bloke, I don't honestly value my opinion higher than anyone on the internet because... IT DOES NOT MATTER IN THE LEAST BIT.