COB Interviews

Nothing bad about it, it's just when this thread link is bold I'm always hoping there's another interview posted, but then it's just a "thanks honey!!" and I'm like :erk:

^ :lol: i know what you mean, but at the same time I think it's nice to encourage people by saying "thanks". Also as you can see, not every members do this but only a few ones (usually the same, such as me) so you can expect them to come and say "thanx" at each new itw/pics. When all of these did it, then you can expect a new itw/pics ;)

I kind of act like you explained Lussi, :lol:

If new post is from valkokukka or sleeper then I click knowing that possibly it'll be an interview (they are the main supliers of the thread, as well as on the pictures thread :lol:), but if last post is by whoever else, I just go in in case before them someone had posted an interview, but with my hopes quite low, :lol:

Translation to the interview Celeb posted to Finnish section. It doesn't always make sense, but neither did original Finnish one....:lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Max Stage On The Road - Sauna Open Air 2008 - Children of Bodom

Karoliina: This is Max stage on the road and place is Sauna Open Air metal festival. Town is Tampere and weather is fabulous. Sonata is playing at the background and next we will have interviews with Children of Bodom, Scorpions and Stone. Fans have been asking question, we will show music videos and festival feelings. Welcome.

Olli: Welcome to the Sauna Open Air backstage. We have here two dudes from the Children of Bodom, Alexi and Roope. Good evening, how's it going?
Roope: Evening, it's going good.
Alexi: Going good.
Roope: We wrapped up shit and got to sit down at this rock.
Olli: You just finished you gig, what are your topmost feelings about it?
Alexi: Topmost... I don’t know, I mean I have good feeling about it but at the beginning of the gig I was so pissed off because it was fucking windy and there was some fucking Arizona desert dust flying on the stage right to my face and my voice died couple of times and yeah and it was just so windy that half of my hair was at the throat all the time, but otherwise okay.
Roope: …and bombs and forest fires were burning the face of the flying squirrel.
Olli: Do you Roope have anything to add about your gig?
Roope: Well couple of our new songs was maybe played little bit funny way, nothing else really. It was fun, and crowd was good and I feel good about it.
Olli: Let’s continue, you were at the Gigantour with Megadeth in the US, how was it?
Alexi: I went well. I have to admit that I left there, not with attitude, but with skeptical attitude. I was wondering that after we have done Unholy Alliance and horse cunts like that, will it be good, but it was. There was lot of crowd every evening and all the bands…we had good time with others.
Roope: ..and the devil himself was great guy also...
Alexi: yeah he was…
Roope: we have heard some whining about him every now and then but now it was proved that…
Olli: Dave Mustain is not drinking anymore and believes to God and so on, how you get along with him?
Alexi: We got along. <mumbling>
Roope: Once we talked about that religion thing but he just said that it is everyone’s private issue, he isn’t any fucking fanatic…
Alexi: …no...
Roope: …and besides he was not known to spit into the glass all the time…
Alexi: I don’t know how public information that is…
Roope: I don’t know either, but he was dude like rest of us.
Olli: I bet that Dave won’t be watching this interview, so it’s probably ok…
Alexi: Are you sure?

Olli: You went to 22nd place at the Billboard list, was it surprise? It is second best ever for Finnish band.
Alexi: It was a surprise.
Olli: So were it comes from?
Alexi: There is probably lot of reasons, but one is that we have been touring there a lot already many years, like three tours per year. That is how you get bigger there.
Roope: …and then also shitty gigs…
Alexi: Shitty gigs indeed…but we have there really good people working for us, they have been doing good promotion, it affects a lot. But I would have not believed that it goes 22nd on the Billboard, no change.

Olli: Then cover songs, you always do different kinds of covers. Where they come from and why?
Alexi: Well maybe we try to avoid dying of boredom. We have to do those because there is like fucking ten different editions of every album. Every edition has to have some fucking bonus track and we were told to do four covers and I said fine and yeah, we just try to develop something retarded instead of doing some Maiden or Priest. It’s boring to do metal covers, it’s much more challenging and funnier to take Britney Spears or Kenny Rogers and create metal version of it.
Roope: CCR was also funny…
Alexi: It was…
Roope: …punk… <mumbling>
Olli: There was a little bit banjo playing there also
Roope: Euge came to play banjo.
Olli: And in the future, are you going to do any new covers?
Alexi: Well not before…no, fuck I don't know…not any time soon, we concentrate touring now.
Roope: Something new comes up while touring …
Alexi: Yeah, we do covers but let’s tour first.

Olli: Some bands have strict policy that they don’t drink before shows, how it is in your band? Janne at least is not following such policy….
Alexi: Why Janne?
Olli: Yeah why…
Alexi: We have such policy that…this is not military or yacht club but of course you can’t be drunk before the gig because it just don't work. Everyone knows their limits and no one meddles how much, when and where some one is drinking. At this age every one should already know. This is so technical music that you can’t play it totally hammered.

Olli: what do you at the summer break, when you have nothing else to do?
Roope: nothing
Alexi: No matter how anti rock it sounds but all free time at home is used just to chill out. Just trying to gather some energy before you have to go to rape yourself around the world again.
Roope: build up good basic condition and before going to destroy it once again.
Alexi: yeah, exactly.

Olli: What is you topmost memory from here, Sauna Open Air. How everything was working and was it good feeling?
Roope: It was…yeah …
Alexi: I haven’t really had time…except during the gig but…
Rope: …and <mumbling….>
Alexi: I just want to emphasize that it’s ...well it’s not windy anymore, but it really was. Pissed me off. But it’s okay, the point is that crowd was fucking great. After all, and…
Roope: During the Testament there was huge pit and because this dry sand field and wind, there was that fucking dust.
Alexi: …and then there was also that….I was thinking that…. when I heard that Testament is playing before us that…I mean I didn’t see that gig but I can imagine that it was quite intensive…
Roope: …it was…
Alexi: You saw it?
Roope: Yeah I was watching it.
Alexi: Yeah and then we go there to play our bubble gum pop. I wondered how it will work, but it seemed to work.
Olli: Have you been watching any gigs? Is there anything interesting besides the Testament?
Alexi: Tomorrow….
Roope: Hotel room.
Alexi …I’m personally excited to see Stone and Sebastian Bach and then I can fuck off.

Olli: During the tour, do you play anything at the bus?
Alexi: Lot of racing games... Henkka and I played trough one or tow Splinter Cells once. Those nights when you don't feel like drinking but want to just take it easy, you just play playstation and keep your mouth shut.

Olli: Allu hey, we were talking about racing games and you have sort of American car fetish, how it started?
Alexi: I don’t know, I have liked cars since I was little boy, American car thing probably started from the Knight Rider, Trans Am is my all time favorite car. Lot of things comes from movies, like from Blues Brother; fucking cool movie, fucking cool car -74 Dodge Monaco. I just had to get it. I don't know…those are not most reasonable cars to drive nowadays but I’m not doing it because it’s reasonable…

Olli: Now you can select video that you want us to play.
Alexi: Blooddrunk. I like the video and song is strong Oppressiveness of that song and video is so high that it will hurt when you listen and watch it...

Thanks for that :)

I just noticed that when I'm reading it I give each person his own voice in my head :lol: Except the interviewer, I don't know how he speaks.

^Kinda late but still thanks a lot Miia, cool interview, and now that I can understand it properly even better, :lol:

BTW, this made my day:

Alexi: Topmost... I don&#8217;t know, I mean I have good feeling about it but at the beginning of the gig I was so pissed off because it was fucking windy and there was some fucking Arizona desert dust flying on the stage right to my face and my voice died couple of times and yeah and it was just so windy that half of my hair was at the throat all the time, but otherwise okay.
Roope: &#8230;and bombs and forest fires were burning the face of the flying squirrel. :lol::lol::lol:

BTW, this made my day:

Alexi: Topmost... I don’t know, I mean I have good feeling about it but at the beginning of the gig I was so pissed off because it was fucking windy and there was some fucking Arizona desert dust flying on the stage right to my face and my voice died couple of times and yeah and it was just so windy that half of my hair was at the throat all the time, but otherwise okay.
Roope: …and bombs and forest fires were burning the face of the flying squirrel. :lol::lol::lol:

yeah mine too :rofl:

thanks valkokukka:)

Warning! Those are not new interviews! Instructions in my signature.

1. Not really an interview. Perhaps you've already seen it on youtube. Alexi talking about guitar, showing some licks at the end of the video, lightblue background.

PART 1
    PART 2
    PART 3
  2. Interview in Finnish at Provinssirock 2003 (.rm file!) If somebody wants to translate...

DOWNLOAD LINK
  3. Headbangers Ball podcast - Alexi Laiho

PART 1
    PART 2