COB Interviews

I thought Alexi was playing Blackouts. What happened?

He only used them for a very short period of time around the recording of Bloddrunk, and partway through Gigantour. And I don't think it was even in all of his guitars.

Save for that, since being with ESP, Alexi's used HZ's (modded and otherwise).

EDIT: I think in a somewhat recent interview he said he's been messing around with his tone, hence all the experimentation lately. The Blackouts, the Krank amp on the Guitar Heroes album, the new JCM800, the active EMG's, back to HZ's, etc. It'll be interesting to see what else happens.

I thought it was funny when the interviewer totally set himself up to get ripped on when he asked if they do cover songs because the albums are too short.

"Anyone who knows anything about anything knows that any band no matter long your album... you need bonus tracks."

Is this one already posted, couldn´t find it in our thread (yeah maybe I´m blind):

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/mhtv/?page_id=&movieID=924&key=1

Nice! That was actually pretty interesting. Finally unique questions that haven't been the same ones done a thousand times over.

It's really surprising to hear that the solo he is most proud of is the one off that Pain song, which I still wish I could tab. Someone should.

But yeah, very cool interview.