CoB Summer Festival appearances

Here´s a vid of FTR @ Provinssirock (not the best quality as usual):
[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=54055849[/ame]
There´s another one with a Sixpounder part.

So out of the thousands of people who go to these festivals, noone has recorded a video of Kissing the Shadows? :lol:

So out of the thousands of people who go to these festivals, noone has recorded a video of Kissing the Shadows? :lol:

I was thinking the same. I haven't asked anybody if Alexi presented the song, or did they just start playing it. Well, they have played Knuckleduster in the past and there's absolutely no recording of it. I did see Kissing the Shadows back in 2004 tho :worship:

K-Man's blog today:

Provinssirock: The show went great, Allu is back to doing guitar spins and what have you (good sign). The only downer was the guys start time was 01:00 which at any Finnish festival is way to fucking late. Only due to the fact that the crowd is just power shit faced by that time. That aside, all was good. Had a few good laughs when we (crew) arrived. We went looking for our dressing room only to find 6 of the 9 rooms had been given to the damn Brits Placebo. Holy fucking Satan how big can your heads get?! We had one band room and one crew room, which left one for the Von Hertzen Brothers. Anywho it was a very long and boring day. Spent over 12 hours out there, when really we could have shown up 6 hours late and still pulled it off. Better safe then sorry I guess. Typical, at home after show party and an over packed tour bus ride back to our hotel, but all was good.

Next day there was a few hangovers running amuck. Nothing a couple beers and some more sleep can't fix. Got back to Helsinki got cleaned up and Jaska and I went out and hung with Randy from Lamb Of God for a bit. Then the next 2 days most of us went to their show and fucked around with them and the Mastodon guys. Good times :)

Just taking it easy this week in preparation for this weekend in Spain. Hope all goes well there. I'll keep ya posted.

Laterz, Kal

Bodom need to do an Australian festival. Except it wouldn't work cus no one knows who Bodom are here. When Blooddrunk came out here no posters were up and I went to Sanity (like biggest music CD store in Australia) before it came out and they said they wouldn't have any copies in and I had to order it in. Lamb Of God album was super promoted! People say Bodom aren't that big cus of their vocals, LOG are bigger and have more extreme vocals. It's cus Bodom have no advertising/promoting. This is in Australia by the way

First Metalway vid:

Wind is blowing like hell. Considering how Alexi is jumping around at the beginning, he seems to have fully recovered :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wind blowing like hell and bass loud as fuck. Never knew Henkka plays some things till today :lol: Too bad for them that in Spain really few people understands english, I don't think Alexi-Janne dialogues did that much there.

Reffering to K-man´s update on his website, the staff of the festival couldn´t speak english as well ;) AND if I read the setlist right they did a full version of Children Of Decadence, not just a mix-up! Cool.

Yeah I read his blog too. Only made me be even a bit more embarrased of having "spanish" printed on my ID. How the fuck does a festival organisation who is bringing a shitload of international bands get nerd techs that don't speak a word of english? And how do they manage to bring a festival from a nice place (years ago Metalway was done on the south, where it's really unlikely to get wind and weird weather) to a place where it's cold the whole year and has really strong winds a lot of times? Plus many other shit not related to music which I'll stop myself from posting in order not to drift from the thread's topic :lol:

All in all, Spain is a fucked up country. Come here only if you want to see churches or drink for cheap.

Well, about Metalway I have to say I liked the concert..yes, there was a lot of wind but it's something very usual here in Zaragoza, it's something that organizers should kwon that could happen, but after all the festival is done here because zgz is between Madrid and Barcelona. Anyway, in Spain not much people know English and that's bad....but is Spain and anyone cares about knowing another language.

Going on topic, the concert was great, the sound was not bad at all and I will upload the photos soon.. and I got Jaska's drumstick ^^ haha

(sorry for the bad English)