COB T Shirts?

^ Yeah, that's the method I usually use too, pinning it and trying it on a few times to make sure I haven't screwed anything up before I sew it. My 'projects' have often turned out to be more of a disaster when I begin to think that I can actually measure and sew accurately.

Besides, aren't metal shirts meant to be a little rough looking? ;)

Exactly! Besides if you get really desperate ebay has some great diy band shirts. Just got a COB one the other day

Photo5.jpg

Photo1.jpg

Exactly! Besides if you get really desperate ebay has some great diy band shirts. Just got a COB one the other day

Photo5.jpg

Photo1.jpg

WOW! That's definitely cool.

Actually, I just ordered the HCDR-Shirt on Monday, and I already have a picture of how it will look like - I even made a first model from an old men's shirt. I'll post a pic once I'm done.

^ I'd be interested in seeing a picture.
I've got a ton of COB shirts in my closet that haven't been modified yet, and I've just been wearing them as t-shirts. I also have a few that have been altered, but the rest will have to wait until I get some free time so I can sit down and really concentrate on what I'm doing.

WOW! That's definitely cool.

Actually, I just ordered the HCDR-Shirt on Monday, and I already have a picture of how it will look like - I even made a first model from an old men's shirt. I'll post a pic once I'm done.

Sounds awesome! Definitely post pics! I need really need a sewing machine at this point (my old one broke and I haven't been able to replace it). I've been altering all my shirts by hand and, as much as I love the way they come out, its really strenuous and time consuming.

Yeah, I will, but it hasn't arrived as of yet - always takes ages for these things to be shipped to southeastern Germany from Finland.
Plus, I'm in the middle of learning for my end of term examinations, so I probably won't be able to do any refitting until February....

But once I'm done, I'll post a picture.

Sounds awesome! Definitely post pics! I need really need a sewing machine at this point (my old one broke and I haven't been able to replace it). I've been altering all my shirts by hand and, as much as I love the way they come out, its really strenuous and time consuming.

I agree. Sewing by hand is so time consuming that it's not even really worth it. Sewing machine stitches hold up a lot better in the long run as well.

I agree. Sewing by hand is so time consuming that it's not even really worth it. Sewing machine stitches hold up a lot better in the long run as well.

Time wise its not too bad (I can do a shirt in a few hours) but as said a machine would make it a lot easier. I just hope I still can use one after all this time.

Stop, that shirt posted above is not mine, it Miss Sonia's, I only quoted it.

BTW, mine has arrived (did I mention it was the HCDR one?), but I didn't have time to start the refitting yet. But I asked a friend whol learned sewing professionally if she could help me, since it would be a shame if I messed it up.

However, next saturdays my exams are through, so I'll be able to start working on it by then.