Code Against the Code

Mantraschism

Skáld
Oct 23, 2002
Augusta, GA (Lost in the Twilight Hall)
Alright, pretty straightforward: who else thinks this song is amazing? It's so simple but so affecting. Definitely one of my favorite Katatonia songs ever. Favorite parts: every time he sings, 'You once were the one who had it,' and every time he sings, 'All the filth that soiled your baby.' Such a great song. Anyone else agree?

:headbang: Hell yeah, I agree! I think I once made a thread about this song as well - but yeah, I LOVE this damn track. I also once noted how it was simplistic but effective. A very addictive track; I had it on in loops for the longest time when I first bought the Deliberation EP.

hell yes...i've been listening to it over and over it never gets boring ,though i'm considering giving it a rest for a while.........

Morf1end said:
It's a solid track but the weakest of the bsides from TGCD so far.
well that's your opinion but if i could, i would easily take this track over any other from tgcd besides dissolving bonds or in the white:headbang:

Well, Anders or Jonas said that the next album would probably be softer and simpler since they feel they have gone as far as they can with what they started with VE. So maby TCATC could be a small indication on how the next album could turn out?

no_reply said:
well that's your opinion but if i could, i would easily take this track over any other from tgcd besides dissolving bonds or in the white:headbang:

That's cool. I still like the song but just not as much as the others :loco:

Of course , that song is just great...simple and great. It sounds fantastic. Definitely worth the price of the ep

It's a solid track but the weakest of the bsides from TGCD so far.

I disagree. I'm glad I bought the EP because of this track, totally worth it. the drumming reminisces of BMD era while the singing reminds me of O How I Enjoy The Light, it mixes very nicely. if this is the direction the next album is headed in i know i'd be pleased.

I think the weakest b-side song is Displaced. Don't like that one at all

I agree that it's definately the weakest B-side, but I don't dislike it either. It's mainly saved thanks to jonas' vocal performance, I like how he sings 'might get thirsty along the way'

Well, Anders or Jonas said that the next album would probably be softer and simpler since they feel they have gone as far as they can with what they started with VE. So maby TCATC could be a small indication on how the next album could turn out?

I have to say this sounds really interesting.. I love the slower or gloomier songs like Quite World,Dissolving Bonds,Day and Saw You Drown and I'd love to see them discover that part of the spectrum (and take it even further). Especially cause Jonas' voice is one of such frailty and authenticity.

yeah. TGCD had a bit too many toolish and technical drum parts for me. a mix, especially of the two styles in the same song, could be quite ownage imo.

"Too" is a word that doesn't fit with Katatonia
And a mix of those two styles doesn't work in one song I think...
I really wouldn't care what they're gonna do with their new music...
Let is be minimalistic, let it be technical, anything; it'll rule:)