Code Against the Code

Clayman77

Katatoned
Jan 20, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
So guys, I think many of you have already bought their copy of Deliberation single. Just wanting to know, what are your thoughts about the new song 'Code Against the Code'.

I've been listening to that song a lot since I bought the record and I think it's an awesome song. But hey, it's Katatonia, so what else would you expect. :kickass: Song is kind of simple. It's basicly based on a single riff. And as always it's full of emotion. Jonas' voxs are great and I just love that part where those heavy guitars come in. Just hoping that lyrics would have been printed somewhere in the case. So Anders, Jonas, Fred, Mattias or Daniel if you're reading this, could you please post the lyrics here or in 'Future of Speech'.

Now listening: Code Against the Code :headbang:

Dude, my EP's just came in today and I have been listening to CODE AGAINST THE CODE non-stop all-day. I'M ADDICTED!!!! Yet another katatonia song to get addicted to - these guys are on a roll. They simply cannot do no wrong.

Code Against the Code is my current fave Katatonia track. It has a killer "vibe" to it. It's amazing that a repetitive riff like this can work so well and it seems ONLY Katatonia can pull it off.

:headbang: Damn, the song is just amazing!

Katatonia needs to return to do more shit like this (i.e. repetitiveness and straight 4/4 beats) because while there's nothing wrong as such with the new album, I never saw the tech drumming and broken-up riffing as being particularly suited to their sound

Money growing on a tree
The cold you will come to find(?)
Money going through the wire
The cold you will come to find(?)

You once were the one who had it
You once wree the one who had it
The code against the code.

Erik said:
Katatonia needs to return to do more shit like this (i.e. repetitiveness and straight 4/4 beats) because while there's nothing wrong as such with the new album, I never saw the tech drumming and broken-up riffing as being particularly suited to their sound

Spot on

I remember Anders or Jonas said in an interview that they may do a bit simpler songs for the next album. Wouldn't mind that. As much as i love TGCD i think mabe they have pushed it far enough and its time to do something different?

Soul thinned out
All the filth that spoiled your baby
Spit it out when they come for you
Lowered's heir

Wow...Creepy.

Drugs?

Erik said:

Haven't they done enough 4/4 in the past? Don't get me wrong, I love the old songs but I prefer the new style. They should keep doing a mix of both. Or anything... they're always right :worship:

BTW, my faves are 4/5 and 7/8... 6/8 is good, too... ;)

Cis said:
Haven't they done enough 4/4 in the past? Don't get me wrong, I love the old songs but I prefer the new style. They should keep doing a mix of both. Or anything... they're always right :worship:

BTW, my faves are 4/5 and 7/8... 6/8 is good, too... ;)

I never heard of 4/5 :)
Play me that on your bass. :loco: No, just kidding, I'm shure you meant 5/4
I like some old Progrock 6/8

haha, well I could probably play even a 4/5 (cause I'm a weird bassplayer and I can do anything better than straight 4/4, it's true...:loco: ) but you're right I meant 5/4 of course :D

Cis said:
haha, well I could probably play even a 4/5 (cause I'm a weird bassplayer and I can do anything better than straight 4/4, it's true...:loco: ) but you're right I meant 5/4 of course :D
hey, we should start a band together:p
I like odd time signatures
btw, you know what sounds great? quintuplets! haha

Vincent J. said:
hey, we should start a band together:p
I like odd time signatures
btw, you know what sounds great? quintuplets! haha

yeah, and that band could be called consternation :zombie:
But we're not playing covers, own songs rule! We'll invent a new 4/5 beat :loco:
Too bad you're so far away... :(
Never heard of quintuplets, give me an example! Always good to learn more about music theory (I know almost nothing...)