Code Against the Code

Cis said:
yeah, and that band could be called consternation :zombie:
But we're not playing covers, own songs rule! We'll invent a new 4/5 beat :loco:
Too bad you're so far away... :(
Never heard of quintuplets, give me an example! Always good to learn more about music theory (I know almost nothing...)

hahaha, great plan!!
I'll move to Berlin :)zombie: ) and we could make Lars (escape the day) our guitarist, hehe:p
hmm, all the katatonia-fans should live close to eachother:( It certainly would make things a lot easier...

okay, quintuplets are 5 notes per count, it sounds somewhat like sixtuplets (6 notes per count) but there is an odd feel about it... I'll try to get some examples for you:)

Alcapoth said:
It has a killer "vibe" to it. It's amazing that a repetitive riff like this can work so well and it seems ONLY Katatonia can pull it off.
Agreed.
Though it took me a few times listening to it 'til I "got" it ...
I really love those... ehr... voice-effects (?) ... ... and again I'm proved that the B-Sides are always killer xP

BloodySwan said:
Agreed.
... and again I'm proved that the B-Sides are always killer xP

Oh, for sure! It's funny, but I think CATC may be my new fave b-side from them - even above Dissolving Bonds *shock*. I'm a sucker for simplistic, catchy tunes.

Heck, the second I received the Deliberation single I played CATC probably for around 5 times in a row and did not grow tired of it. I just wanted more of it.

Alcapoth said:
Oh, for sure! It's funny, but I think CATC may be my new fave b-side from them - even above Dissolving Bonds *shock*. I'm a sucker for simplistic, catchy tunes.

Heck, the second I received the Deliberation single I played CATC probably for around 5 times in a row and did not grow tired of it. I just wanted more of it.
Haha... I mostly play the Kata B-Sides on repeat for some time... can't remember grewing tired of any of them... rather the opposite. ... But I guess for me it will take a long time 'til something comes around the corner blowing Dissolving Bonds away... if this is possible... but who knows what comes next. Katatonia have always been good for a surprise (;

BloodySwan said:
Haha... I mostly play the Kata B-Sides on repeat for some time... can't remember grewing tired of any of them... rather the opposite. ... But I guess for me it will take a long time 'til something comes around the corner blowing Dissolving Bonds away... if this is possible... but who knows what comes next. Katatonia have always been good for a surprise (;

OH YEAH! Repeat all the way! Heh, so you go with Dissolving Bonds eh? Well, can't say i'm surprised actually considering it's one of their best, for sure. Er, to be honest - with me - it's just kind of a toss-up between many of kata's songs. And this goes with DB & CATC - I just love them BOTH so much. Both have catchy melodies you just can't grow tired of. But for right now, at THIS moment, CATC ; because it's newer.

But yeah, we'll see what they have in store for us in the future. Always fun to wait.

Alcapoth said:
OH YEAH! Repeat all the way! Heh, so you go with Dissolving Bonds eh? Well, can't say i'm surprised actually considering it's one of their best, for sure. Er, to be honest - with me - it's just kind of a toss-up between many of kata's songs. And this goes with DB & CATC - I just love them BOTH so much. Both have catchy melodies you just can't grow tired of. But for right now, at THIS moment, CATC ; because it's newer.

But yeah, we'll see what they have in store for us in the future. Always fun to wait.
Yepp, I'd definitely go for Dissolving Bonds... and Sulfur... concerning the older b-side stuff... Usually I've got no "one and only" fave song... always depending on my mood. But DB was different... I'm not going to tell why *haha* coz that's too personal ... ... but it was completely different from the first time I heard it on... it had an effect on me I never expected any song to have (;
Waiting for new stuff is not always fun imo. ... :erk: