COLBERT FOR PRESIDENT!

Mathiäs;6616257 said:
So, what you're saying is that you want everyone to be able to acquire a gun? The schizophrenic in the insane asylum? Etc? What about automatics?

Don't fucking put words in my mouth, you know better than that. And don't overreact with ridiculous questions like that, it's retarded and unnecessary.

Mathiäs;6616257 said:
I'm not saying guns shouldn't be available for personal use. I just think it should be harder to get them.

You and a great deal of people seem to fail comprehension of the fact that no matter how hard guns are to legally obtain, anyone that wants a gun to commit a crime can get one illegally. The only thing stricter gun control is accomplishing is restriction of law-abiding citizens to be able to practice a sport and/or defend themselves.

Yours, and anyone else on your side's logic is completely inane.

Don't fucking put words in my mouth, you know better than that. And don't overreact with insane questions like that, it's retarded and unnecessary.

Insane questions? How the fuck are they insane questions? Bullshit.
You and a great deal of people seem to fail comprehension of the fact that no matter how hard guns are to legally obtain, anyone that wants a gun to commit a crime can get one illegally. The only thing stricter gun control is accomplishing is restriction of law-abiding citizens to be able to practice a sport and/or defend themselves.

Did you read my post at all? If a person wants a gun that badly they'd be willing to go through the extra steps needed to legally get one. OMFG they may have to wait a few more weeks OMFG. That argument is bullshit. There are also many ways to combat illegal use, like much harsher penalties for use, increased law enforcement in high risk areas, etc.

Yours, and anyone else on your side's logic is completely inane.

Yeah ok

Mathiäs;6616310 said:

Did you read my post at all? If a person wants a gun that badly they'd be willing to go through the extra steps needed to legally get one. OMFG they may have to wait a few more weeks OMFG. That argument is bullshit. There are also many ways to combat illegal use, like much harsher penalties for use, increased law enforcement in high risk areas, etc.

Yeah ok

Countries with the highest homicide rates have the strictest gun control laws.

sorry man, if that statement above is accurate then you have absolutely no argument whatsoever

sorry man, if that statement above is accurate then you have absolutely no argument whatsoever

STFU you have no idea what you're talking about. The gun control laws are strict in those areas because crime/homicide rates are so high, not vice versa. Thus making Valerie's argument useless.

Mathiäs;6616310 said:

Yes, insane because you're assuming that I want to radically change the system so that there's no gun control whatsoever. The laws at present are fine, I have no problem with them. This argument is about making gun control more strict, is it not? That's why they were bullshit.

Mathiäs;6616310 said:

You still don't fucking get it. CRIMINALS WILL NOT CARE ABOUT THE PENALTIES OF ILLEGALLY GETTING A GUN. And your point about increased law enforcement is also fucking retarded; crimes can happen anywhere. Unless you want martial law, I don't think that's a very good idea.

The gun control laws are strict in those areas because crime/homicide rates are so high, not vice versa. Thus making Valerie's argument useless.

Sure doing a really fucking good job isn't it? South Africa has the strictest gun control, yet STILL has 74 intentional homicides with a firearm per 100,000 people. That's the highest of any country in the world.

PM me if you want to continue this. GR's threads always get derailed, and I apologize for that.

Mathiäs;6616265 said:
Gang violence = gun violence

yes. and where are the gangs getting the guns. illegally on the street. gun control laws only restrict people who go about it legally.

if we kill the gang culture, we kill the majority of gun violence
~gR~

Mathiäs;6616310 said:
There are also many ways to combat illegal use, like much harsher penalties for use, increased law enforcement in high risk areas, etc.

like the death penalty wasnt harsh enough. any murder, attempted murder, armed robbery, etc. carries a strict punishment.

increased law enforcement isnt a bad idea, but right now we're having a hard time recruiting cops, are we not? even in safe areas. we need a better solution.
~gR~

Yes, insane because you're assuming that I want to radically change the system so that there's no gun control whatsoever. The laws at present are fine, I have no problem with them. This argument is about making gun control more strict, is it not? That's why they were bullshit.

I just said in my exact words "gun control is a good thing" and you went off the fucking deep end.

You still don't fucking get it. CRIMINALS WILL NOT CARE ABOUT THE PENALTIES OF ILLEGALLY GETTING A GUN.

No shit?

And your point about increased law enforcement is also fucking retarded; crimes can happen anywhere. Unless you want martial law, I don't think that's a very good idea.

No shit? Of course crimes happen everywhere. I don't see how putting more emphasis on problem areas (like East St. Louis, which I live 15 minutes from. There's a gun murder pracically everyday, etc)

Sure doing a really fucking good job isn't it? South Africa has the strictest gun control, yet STILL has 74 intentional homicides with a firearm per 100,000 people. That's the highest of any country in the world.

So what do you suggest? Lessing gun control will only make things worse there!

Let's move into the politics thread plz.:)