Colbert has huge balls...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
For those of you who haven't heard, Stephen Colbert's speech at the White House Correspondents Dinner caused quite the controversy.

If you're not familiar with Colbert, he has a mock-news show on Comedy Central, "The Colbert Report", that follows the "Daily Show". However, whereas Stewart is a blatant liberal, Colbert is a mock conservative, agreeing with everything the administration does and making fun of it in the process.

There's three parts to the video of his speech. The last segment is his mock audition tape for the role of White House Press Secretary. It isn't worth watching. However, the first two segements are brilliant and leave little doubt that Colbert has the biggest cojones in the US.

http://thankyoustephencolbert.org/

Zod

Yeah, he's got some huge balls.

s7.JPG

And that was fucking hilarious even though he wasn't exactly getting a lot of laughs.

lizard said:
apparently, Bush was not amused.

I think most of it went over his head. I think he's probably more amused with the type of entertainment Peter Griffin gave him. I forget, did he jingle keys around or something?

heh i heard about this, colbert is hilarious...i've only seen him crack the deadpan demeanor once, on a daily show segment a while back...can't remember what it was but it was so good even he couldn't deliver it with a straight face

Well, every year somone fucks with the whitehouse at the conference. The thing that was different this time is that people think he concentrated on the president to much and didn't poke fun at other aspects of the administrations. Everyone else in past years has been just as harsh on politicians, they just spread it around to more then just the president. People think that this was the first time somone has done somthing like Colbert did, when it really isn't. He is the man though.

KILL TULLY said:
The thing that was different this time is that people think he concentrated on the president to much and didn't poke fun at other aspects of the administrations.
I think it just appeared more brutal and garnered more press, because this administration holds itself up as being beyond repute (even though they're anything but) and no one ever seems to have the balls to call them on it (at least not to their face). Regardless of what has and hasn't been done in the past, Colbert kicked this administration square in the nuts as hard as he could. I only wished they would have panned over to Bush more, so we could have seen the pained look on his face as he tried to force an unsincere smile.

Colbert = :worship:rock::kickass::lol:

Zod

talking shit on your own show is one thing, but talking shit on these top government people that are sitting 2 chairs away from you is just amazing. he was given a huge oportunity and he took full advantage, which is pretty rare as reporters usually just kiss 'important' people's ass. that press video thing was kinda dumb though, i wouldve rather there just have been more jokes.

this video reminds me how great it is to be in America as much as you guys always bitch about it ... try pulling a stunt like that in any other country.

lurch70 said:
this video reminds me how great it is to be in America as much as you guys always bitch about it ... try pulling a stunt like that in any other country.
A lot of truth right there. What can I say, I expect a fuckton out of this country. :loco:

Awesome videos, this guy rules.