Collaboration needed, narration in one epic-orchestral-song

jarenare

Apr 3, 2008
Málaga, Spain
Hi all,

I'm working in our first EP, and we have an epic-orchestral-song as intro, and there's some narration on there. The problem is that we don't know anyone that: 1) has a good voice, 2) has a good English accent.
Our drummer is the only one that can speak English without sounding like shit, but his voice isn't the most powerful in the world (we tried to contact Christopher Lee but he doesn't return our calls :lol:)

So... anyone interested to do the narration?

Here you can hear the song with the current narration (rough mix ATM), starting at 1:06 and 3:16. If some of you are interested, I'll upload the song without vocals and the text to be recorded

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/989974/AP (With Narration).mp3

Cheers! :kickass:

Haha, thanks Owen, but in this case I dunno if I'd be the best bet (non-British, therefore non-dignified :D)

Haha, thanks Owen, but in this case I dunno if I'd be the best bet (non-English, therefore non-dignified :D)

Fixed, cos if I did it, I'd sound like I was only in it so they'd pay me with haggis.

Specifically upper class English, cos I can't imagine anyone doing it in a grating london accent. :p

Hahaha, yeah, that too, out of all the world's accents the cockney is definitely in the top 5 most grating to my ears! :ill:

Wow, i didn't expect so many replies, thank you! :kickass:

I have to say that I felt a bit embarrased about this petition because i don't write so much here (but i've to say that I usually enter the forum 10+ times at day just to read the new posts :p).

Well... when I said 'a good English accent' I wasn't thinking about a perfect-british accent... just an OK accent, so... any non-english try are welcome :kickass:

Here in Spain, our accent is terrible (remember Dandelium and his singer? yeah... :erk:) and we don't have many options, just our drummer (he is from Switzerland btw).

@Emdprodukt: Thanks for the info, i'll try to contact him.

I've just uploaded the song without the narration part and the lyrics are here.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/989974/AP (No Vocals).mp3

Verse 1
What you are about to be told, does not happen in this world, but in the world of Naryll. Where an ancient prophecy, waits it’s awake. A prophecy of destruction.

Verse 2
The seed of Naryll, power of the almighty. Kept in the hands of gods within time, soon to be returned to the one.

Verse 3
The one who loved him, the one who would always be by his side, the one plagued by a mistake, the one who would destroy us all

Verse 4
It all starts here, on this cold rainy night, as the first carrier of the seed marches against a tyrant. The death of this tyrant is the only way for the universe to survive, but at the cost of the rising of the first who will light the apocalyptic fire.

Outro
From the ashes you will see her name, as she rises to become creation. Arise, great one.

I can do a (what I consider) really good American accent or a terrible British accent (like when Ross - Friends - tries to fake a British accent for his students).

Ok, just recorded a little test and my voice is not so much stronger than the one from the clip so I don't it'll fit neither

Hey guys,

I've got some PM's with the narrations, thank you very much!!! :kickass: And I think that we have a winner!

One of your recordings are absolutely perfect, beyond our expectations by far! I almost jumped out of my chair when I hear it :lol:. The voice (and the performance!) are top notch.

I'll post the mp3 with the narration later (i'm at work right now)

@joeritson: Easy, just use the orchestra to play it :p