College Campus Music

Nada Surf?!! Jesus, I saw those idiots at a small club when I was in high school, and that's when they had their hit, that one Popular song. They BLEW.

Demilich said:
note to self: wear more heavy metal tshirts to school and maybe people will come up and offer to start a doom band with you :Smug:
tried it

doesn't fucking work

doesn't stop me from wearing heavy metal shirts every day though

haha my shirts SUCK. i've got, lets see...

woods of ypres, taake, metallica, primordial, opeth, daylight dies, and that's about all.

there are always SO MANY shirts I want to buy, but it generally comes down to a couple of cds vs. a shirt, and music usually wins over image.

<---- no shirt atm, bathory + celtic frost when I was out shoppin

EDIT: Demilich, I want that Taake and maybe the metallica depending on which one it is OK

EDIT: and yeah, what you said about music vs image but when I do buy shirts I buy killer metal shirts so I only have killer metal shirts

Demilich said:
there are always SO MANY shirts I want to buy, but it generally comes down to a couple of cds vs. a shirt, and music usually wins over image.
Same here. Plus, well, I fucking hate t-shirts. I'm never really comfortable in them. So I have like 7 band shirts, and probably only 3 of those are actually metal.

Erik said:
i've got about six trillion heavy metal shirts

lemme see...

Hooded
Pelican
Dornenreich

LS
Primordial
Enslaved

TS
Marduk
Red Sparowes
Bohren & der Club of Gore
The Ocean
Bathory
Swans
Deathspell Omega
Isis
Empyrium
Converge

[EDIT] I want to actually part with about two thirds of those... Make offers

I'm trying to think of what groups were popular when I went to college and honestly I just don't know. I think I graduated just as Linkin Park was getting huge with the young (read: 19 to 38 year olds) crooked baseball hat star tat types, and before that... I dunno. I was pretty much a recluse during school, reading a book and/or listening to my headphones. I did all my partying and socializing after hours, and the people I hung out with were into a variety of stuff from typical alt-rock to rap to Maiden and back again. They were also of a variety of ages, so yeah, not a good cross-section of the Young and Hip.

Plop.

fotmbm said:
EDIT: Demilich, I want that Taake and maybe the metallica depending on which one it is OK

the Taake one is the one from the vinyl boxset (which i might also wanna get rid of!) and the Metallica one has the MoP album cover on the front and tracklist or some dumb shit like that on the back.

PM me if you're interested. i never wear these things!