College Campus Music

nobody's mentioned my arch nemesis, dave fucking mathews band, which i haaate and is eeeverryyywheeerrrreee. also jack johnson, john mayer, and a bunch of other stupid jerks with guitars singing about the beach. and modest mouse. man everyone has shitty taste in music except me.

bingo, also bob marley and uhhh white stripes or something, at least when i actually knew people i went to school with. now i just assume they all listen to rap unless they're wearing patches

modest mouse is cool though :eek:

Demonspell said:
I've heard both of Growing's albums, cool ambient/drone shit, The Sky's Run Into The Sea is highly recommended for the people here who don't equate that type of music with formless noise. Gotta love a band that would build a drone piece around the Norwegian Wood melody.

growing-souloftherainbow.jpg

Did you hear this one?

I'd like to beat the tits off bands like Kings of Leon. I HATE the way they look. I have no idea what they sound like, though.

I read Rolling Stone, so I have a little bit of an idea what is popular with the youngsters. Most of it sucks bad, but at least boy bands and cheesy pop like Britney Spears has taken a back seat to guitar driven music.

Erik said:
tie dye metal shirts was the IN thing in the mid nineties. look at these terrible tiamat designs:

3c_1_b.JPG

d1_1_b.JPG

6f_1_b.JPG

i'd still get them for really cheap if i could because, you know, it's tiamat, but they really are terrible and i probably wouldn't wear them :)
32_1_b.JPG

dd_1_b.JPG

germans...

Dick Sirloin said:
growing-souloftherainbow.jpg

Did you hear this one?

Yes, don't care for it as much as the first, though the ambient tracks that open and close the disc are great music to discorporate to. On a related note, the new Mogwai is awesome, aside from being their third straight criminally short disc (but that hardly matters as the songs are filled with great ideas and feel much longer), I have no complaints with it.

PS Whoever tie-dyed that shirt should have their eyes ripped out.

A shitty band. There's not even "college music" here , people just don't seem to care for music at all , even mainstream shit :rolleyes:

I've only noticed some love for Green Day and a dishevelled fag-punk-shit-suck band who played near my place once. Fags. All of them.