Cologna Review

Mar 5, 2009
Switzerland
www.facebook.com
Hey fellow fans, long time no post by me. I read a lot of the posts here but never had time to reply.

Well I didn't see them on the UK-Tour, but I went to Colonga to see them.
The opener Wolf was ok but not what I had expected. I waited 5 years to see that band live and maybe I expected too much?

Firewind was a blast. I mean it was my 6th time Firewind but hey the last time I saw them headline in Switzerland, there weren't even 100 people there. If you ever were in the Z7, you know that's not a lot of people for that venue.
In Cologna the place was smaller and packed with about 70 people. Ever since Gus joined Ozzy I always wondered how much that will promote Firewind. In the break between Wolf and Firewind, I overheared some chats about mentioning "Ozzy" or song names of Ozzy. The people there looked like they like Ozzy more and were curious about Firewind (My personal opinion). So there weren't a lot of people that knew the songs that good or even the lyrics or even headbanged. With me, just a few.
When Firewind came up the stage they opened with Ark of Lies. The crowd was cheering and chanting.

The Setlist was nearly awesome with only two songs I missed (Insanity, Kill in the name of love). And almost the same as the one posted in the "Firewind UK-Tour" Thread. It was the first time I would hear them play The Fire And The Fury complete. Wow.
After the explanation of the song name, Bob filmed SKG with his cool keyboard cam. That song was awesome to see live.

One thing I was missing really bad at that Gig: Apollo.
The replacement vocalist really did his job. He was really good. He knew all the lyrics and knew how to sing it. Even at the end of Kill To Live he did a good job. But I prefere Firewind with Apollo. Just my taste I think.

At the end of the last song I went outside to smoke a cigarette and Firewind was done... And suddenly the door to the stage flung open and the whole band ran to the backstage place. I laughed out loud because there was this one guy waiting infront of that door and obviously knew they would have to come out there, and when they ran past him he said: "Gus, a photo! please!" he got this in reply: "2 minutes, man, 2 minutes!"

The show was finished before 23.00 and the next day they would only have to travel to Aschaffenburg, wich is very close to Cologna. So I'm pretty sure they came back and he got his picture.. I wish I could have stayed there and chat once again with the band, but me and my Girlfriend had to go.

Good: Performance, well rehearsed, Setlist, Joke about "Asshole" in greek
Not so good: Apollo missing, crowd

I love Firewind!

Edit: Just found out that the city is called Cologne (not Cologna).. it's confusing anyway because in german it's called Köln.

One thing I was missing really bad at that Gig: Apollo.
The replacement vocalist really did his job. He was really good. He knew all the lyrics and knew how to sing it. Even at the end of Kill To Live he did a good job. But I prefere Firewind with Apollo. Just my taste I think.
the same feeling for me in Paris, Mister Mat Levens is a very talented guy,no doubt at all,due to his experience with Malmsteen!! but Apollo is the vocalist of Firewind he really stick to the songs!!
apollo10.jpg

Apollo Hellfest France june 2011