Colosso Mix Competition 2014

a track with vocals would be more suitable for a competition,especially if you expect remixes.

I see no point in mixing this,it's just another instrumental for mixing practice. I've heard better ones here.What is gonna happen to winner's mix?
I doubt if anyone cares about the prize either.

Wow. Ever heard of instrumental music? It doesn't have to have vocals to be relevant. It's still a great song with a unique mix and a really cool challenge to mix.

a track with vocals would be more suitable for a competition,especially if you expect remixes.

I see no point in mixing this,it's just another instrumental for mixing practice. I've heard better ones here.What is gonna happen to winner's mix?
I doubt if anyone cares about the prize either.

Dude, then you´re in the wroooong place. It´s about getting better - improving. If you´re picky about it - just leave.

Sorry but due to this being a contest, I'm not posting my opinion on the mixes... it's up to you to make it perfect for your and our ears :)
Thanks for entering the contest! :) Hope you had fun!

It's still a great song with a unique mix and a really cool challenge to mix.
Dude, then you´re in the wroooong place. It´s about getting better - improving. If you´re picky about it - just leave.

I will add fuel to the fire: this track is not just unsuitable for a competition,it is unmixable. The performance is not up to standard expected in this genre these days.

my point is that it would be beneficial to do proper tracking first,before pulling out this marketing bull.

Here is my mix for you folks here:-

Kick and Snare are blended with samples from my library. Toms are all natural. Used the re-amped guitars that came with the files with some post-processing. Added a distortion track to the bass, making 3 tracks, all processed differently. Very little done to vocals or FX, just volume adjustment. Hope you like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, here is my mix:

Drums and bass were quite easy to mix. I blended some sample on snare, but otherwise it's all natural with lots of automation. However, I didn't achieve the clarity from the guitars I wanted.
Not much processing on FX tracks nor choirs, I used high pass and fair amount of reverb to push them back. :)

Here's my mix:

I've reamped the guitars with 6505, drums are all natural.
Cheers \m/

Fell in love with this song really quickly..

Here is my try:

Besides a blended snare sample I only used the given tracks.

cheers
tro