Columbus report

jdelpi

Imported Killer
I think this is the setlist. I wrote it down, but I left it in my car because I WAS TALKING TO TAD ON MY WAY HOME. (inside joke)

BLUES BROTHERS INTRO
Among the Living
Metal Thrashing Mad
Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
AIR
Madhouse
A Skeleton in the Closet
Antisocial
Efilnikufesin (NFL)
Medusa
Indians
---
Be All, End All
I'm the Man
Beth (KIDDING!)
Aftershock
I Am the Law

Great show, but it probably doesn't compare to the previous three shows, based on reports. Also, there were a lot of sound problems at the beginning. I kept on hearing a thumping sound. Then Joey's mic went out during "Got the Time." Then there was this terrible feedback or something before "Caught in a Mosh." After that I think everything was settled.

I really like having "Metal Thrashing Mad" at the beginning of the show, rather than at the end.

I was really, really, REALLY excited to hear "A Skeleton in the Closet" and "Aftershock." (No shit!) Nice to hear something DIFFERENT. It would be nice to hear something else from POT.

Joey and Scott both mentioned making a new album... don't know what that means!

Anthrax is great live, whether with John or Joey. Both are great performers, and both are wonderful people. I definitely miss John, but it's not up to me. Ok, enough gayness.

I heard someone from God Forbid got busted by a cop for smoking weed. Of course, I think it's bogus to do such a thing to a person who was not harming others. But hey, nobody asked me.

Blearg, are you the first guy that came to the meet & greet? I was the one eating the burrito. Sorry, I should have said something. I didn't find out it was you until later.

I heard someone from God Forbid got busted by a cop for smoking weed. Of course, I think it's bogus to do such a thing to a person who was not harming others. But hey, nobody asked me.

The drummer got a ticket for open container. Had a beer in his hand outside the back door when the cops drove buy. They put him in the back of a patrol car but let him go with a ticket.
I wondered who you where Justin but I dont think I saw you. I wasn't the first guy in, damn I'm not that old. I was the first guy in the second group. You must have been behind me in there. Sorry I didn't notice you, I was paying attention to the other guys.:erk:
I'm glad they gave me M&G passes for my friends. We were bummed about the soundcheck. I talked to Joey too but didn't get to talk to Danny this time. I'll get some pics up in a little bit.

Bleearg said:

The drummer got a ticket for open container. Had a beer in his hand outside the back door when the cops drove buy. They put him in the back of a patrol car but let him go with a ticket.
I wondered who you where Justin but I dont think I saw you. I wasn't the first guy in, damn I'm not that old. I was the first guy in the second group. You must have been behind me in there. Sorry I didn't notice you, I was paying attention to the other guys.:erk:
I'm glad they gave me M&G passes for my friends. We were bummed about the soundcheck. I talked to Joey too but didn't get to talk to Danny this time. I'll get some pics up in a little bit.

I've been looking for your review all day! You didn't mention the band though. What did you think?

Bleearg said:

Wow, it's like playing "telephone" and the story changes so much from one person to another. I'm completely confused on which person you were. The second group in was from Parkersburg, but I don't think that was you, was it? Because I thought I asked. When I finished eating I started taking pictures for people. It made me feel useful. I am sure somebody has to remember me.

eighteeschick said:
I've been looking for your review all day! You didn't mention the band though. What did you think?
Oh I thought that went without saying. The show was great. I was hoping for another new song. I guess keeping up with setlist changes spoils alot of surprises. I wish they would mix it up. Among opener.... Law encore.... same everynight. If Anthrax played different songs every night we would have to quit our jobs and live on tour like a bunch of deadheads.
Hmmmmmm THAT WOULD BE FUCKIN' SWEET!!! There is definitely a family vibe between fans. I'm reminded of this by everyone I talk to at shows. Some of the best fans ever!!!

Bleearg said:
Oh I thought that went without saying. The show was great. I was hoping for another new song. I guess keeping up with setlist changes spoils alot of surprises. I wish they would mix it up. Among opener.... Law encore.... same everynight. If Anthrax played different songs every night we would have to quit our jobs and live on tour like a bunch of deadheads.
Hmmmmmm THAT WOULD BE FUCKIN' SWEET!!! There is definitely a family vibe between fans. I'm reminded of this by everyone I talk to at shows. Some of the best fans ever!!!

I was sure you liked the show. I just like the details. :)