Come mock my amateur riffage...

AH HA, yes yes there we go.... *listens*......

that's actually quite nice but umm... WHERE'S THE DAMN SOLO?!?! :Spin:

LOL - I've only been playing four years, and I've taught myself purely from guitar tabs of songs - I have no knowledge whatsoever of music theory and can only do really basic solos (intro solo from 'Fade To Black', the main finger-tapping part of 'Am I Evil', that sort of thing). :D

bah you don't need that crap! i had a buddy who had no classes of any sort, self-taught and he was quite good even at solos. sure he was no Yngwie... but he wasn't playing to be flashy. i wish i could play guitar, when i hear stuff like what you did i can easily imagine a nice lead melody/solo over it. Keep practicing!

Mock....MOCK!!! :loco:

Sounds good man, I dig it! Could use a massive solo on top of it though, definitely. :D

EDIT: That riff has been stuck in my head for about 10 minutes now, that's a good sign. :tickled:

Sounds great Dill! It's amazing how much time and effort goes into 2 minutes, isn't it?

Mick Kenney, of Anaal Nathrakh, gave me a run down of the software and so on that he uses for all his recordings. If you're interested, let me know.

Dude, that sounds really good. Mock? Shhhhiiiit...That is one catchy as a mofo riff you got there. Keep up the great work Dill. I really like it.

Edit: ...and this is coming from someone who isnt a big melo buff. :kickass:

LOL - entirely coincidental, I assure you, since I've never heard that song (or band, for that matter!). Thanks for the encouragement guys, you've just re-assured me that I'm not entirely wasting my time. :) Unfortunately, that means you've also left yourselves open to suffer the next batch of pilfered thrash-lite and melo-death riffs I cobble together. Hehehe...

Nate - that list would be cool, I've been wondering what Mick uses to record the AN stuff - I've been meaning to ask him next time I run into him in the pub, but it's been a while since I've managed to drag myself to Scruffy Murphy's in Brum, where he tends to hang out. I keep running into Shane and Danny from Napalm Death there, too! Hehehe...

Okay, updatage - the track's gone up to 3 minutes 50 (I've still got to add another section to it), I've fattened up the production and changed the arrangement a bit. The guitar tone's a lot clearer and I've double-tracked both guitar parts. Unfortunately, that shows my sloppy-ass playing up at times, and I made a cock up at 2:56 that's rather unforgiveable. But what the hell, here it is anyway.

http://www.geocities.com/philwhitehouse/heavy.mp3