Come to the U.S.

Wolfman Von Jones

The trouble with you
Dec 6, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
Well im finally at the beging part of my quest to see DT live so here it goes. Please, Please, Please do a U.S. tour very soon, I really would like to see you preform live before I die.

Nick(crying on the inside :p )

Hey guys. Somebody posted a link to an interview a few threads down:

http://www.quintessence.sh/article.asp?artikelID=666

Anyway, in the interview, Stanne says the following:

Q: The promo also states you`re gonna do some excessive touring in support of the new album. Any news on that?

A: Well, we`re working on that. Actually I`m waiting on some news concerning the tours so you should check out the website within a week or so to see the tour-dates. Anyway we`re gonna do the States first, then we`ll be headlining the European-tour. I think we`ll be in Holland and Belgium in November, but do check out the tour-dates once they`re set. When we tour Europe we`ll do a full show with a lot of older songs thrown into the set as well, so that should appeal to a lot of fans. After that I think we`ll do Japan and Mexico. All in all it should keep us busy for about a year or so. Right now we`re doing some one off shows and some festivals over here in Sweden.
We don`t have time for festivals in Europe this year because the album comes out a bit too late for that and we`re busy promoting the new album. Maybe next year we`ll do some festivals again.

So it sounds to me like they're gonna pay us Americans a visit. I'm just praying that he wasn't lying.

Fathomless

A very big concern I have is the fact that many bands seem to be skipping Canada on North American tours nowadays, due to excessive problems at customs. Many bands are held at the border for hours and hours (In Flames, Enslaved, just to name a couple), and it's getting to the point where Canada will not have any metal--and that is VERY bad for our Canadian Promoters(they need to make a living too), and all of us---the fans, it's even bad for the bands in some way or another.

Now if Dark Tranquillity tours with a bigger band that will be calling all the shots, and that band wanted to skip Canada, that would be one of the shittiest things to ever happen to Canada!!!:( I don't think that I can get in to America (retarded criminal record), so that would basically leave me no choice but to NOT see my favourite band! WTF!

Please say this situation is not possible... anyone???

:lol: BUT ALL THAT MATTERS IS THEIR TOURING THE US! FUCK YEAH! Ill be there with bells on, so it shouldnt be a problem noticing me :p

Originally posted by wildfyr
have we whined enough yet? :D

No.
321.gif

Originally posted by Phyrexia
A very big concern I have is the fact that many bands seem to be skipping Canada on North American tours nowadays, due to excessive problems at customs. Many bands are held at the border for hours and hours (In Flames, Enslaved, just to name a couple), and it's getting to the point where Canada will not have any metal--and that is VERY bad for our Canadian Promoters(they need to make a living too), and all of us---the fans, it's even bad for the bands in some way or another.

Now if Dark Tranquillity tours with a bigger band that will be calling all the shots, and that band wanted to skip Canada, that would be one of the shittiest things to ever happen to Canada!!!:( I don't think that I can get in to America (retarded criminal record), so that would basically leave me no choice but to NOT see my favourite band! WTF!

Please say this situation is not possible... anyone???

Well at least soilwork and in flames came over to canada. They didn't bother with florida. South eastern part of US is also very ignored :cry:

hrm....is IF touring right now? I'm seeing them on Aug. 14, but if they were to join up with DT to promote RtR as DT is promoting DD, then I think much fun could be had by all fans :)

~Kovenant (not gonna happen.....but happy that DT is comin here :))

they should tour with Nevermore and Soilwork.

that would be the GREATEST. TOUR. EVER.

darksoulstres: Nice to see you here! :D

Kovenant84: In Flames are touring with Slayer and Soulfly.

Charlie E: I am also grateful that In Flames and Soilwork have been here. But... The are not Dark Tranquillity :(

Originally posted by Fathomless
Hey guys. Somebody posted a link to an interview a few threads down:

http://www.quintessence.sh/article.asp?artikelID=666

Anyway, in the interview, Stanne says the following:

Q: The promo also states you`re gonna do some excessive touring in support of the new album. Any news on that?

A: Well, we`re working on that. Actually I`m waiting on some news concerning the tours so you should check out the website within a week or so to see the tour-dates. Anyway we`re gonna do the States first, then we`ll be headlining the European-tour. I think we`ll be in Holland and Belgium in November, but do check out the tour-dates once they`re set. When we tour Europe we`ll do a full show with a lot of older songs thrown into the set as well, so that should appeal to a lot of fans. After that I think we`ll do Japan and Mexico. All in all it should keep us busy for about a year or so. Right now we`re doing some one off shows and some festivals over here in Sweden.
We don`t have time for festivals in Europe this year because the album comes out a bit too late for that and we`re busy promoting the new album. Maybe next year we`ll do some festivals again.

So it sounds to me like they're gonna pay us Americans a visit. I'm just praying that he wasn't lying.

Fathomless
]

Good now ill start saving so i dont miss them again

:heh:

darksoulstres: Nice to see you here! :D

Kovenant84: In Flames are touring with Slayer and Soulfly.

Charlie E: I am also grateful that In Flames and Soilwork have been here. But... The are not Dark Tranquillity :(

In Flames are touring with Slayer and Soulfly.

Do you know the tour dates and hwere they are going??

I looked on the IF site , they are not posted.

poet:

08.03.02 San Jose San Jose Events Center Arena w/Soulfly And In Flames
08.05.02 Las Vegas House of Blues w/ In Flames
08.06.02 LOS ANGELES UNIVERSAL AMPHITHEATHRE
08.07.02 Mesa Mesa Amphitheater w/Soulfly And In Flames
08.09.02 Denver The Fillmore w/Soulfly And In Flames
08.10.02 Council Bluffs West Fair Ampitheater W/ Soulfly and In Flames
08.11.02 ST LOUIS THE PAGEANT W/ Soulfly and In Flames
08.13.02 New York Roseland Ballroom W/ Soulfly and In Flames
08.14.02 New York Roseland Ballroom W/ Soulfly and In Flames
08.15.02 Philadelphia Electric Factory W/ Soulfly and InFlames
08.16.02 Poughkeepsie Mid Hudson Civic Center W/ Soulfly and In Flames