Comfortable Chalr for Studio

Waterboy

 Certified iPod Trainer
Jan 22, 2007
Baton Rouge, La.
hello, gang.

Wondering what chair you would recommend for the studio?

What is it about those wicker looking chairs that I seem to notice everywhere?

Are they wicker backs, and wickerseats??

what do you have in your studio/room?

Thanks

BTW they are very comfortable, got to sit in one every day at my first studio job. Only problem: they are rediculously expensive.

~006

Yeah I use a big comfy leather office chair. The Miller chairs are comfy, not at first, but once you've been sitting in them all day recording VO work for commercials, you really can tell the difference. A few stretches every once in a while when using a normal chair can have the same effect...

If I remember correctly the Miller Aeron that we had was like $600-900, depending on where you look. But it's like a PRS, it does pretty much the same thing as anything else, just looks a lot cooler. :p

~006

13577.jpg

That's kewl. It looks like something you wold find on a Predator ship.

Thanks for all the replies - folks. I didn't realize those chairs cost so much.

Take care.

You can find Herman Miller style chairs that are much cheaper than the real deal...But, they aren't the real deal.

They are very nice.

I can't afford them, but I guess I'm used to expensive furniture.

My mom's an interior designer (architecture degree), and her clients generally get stuff that makes Herman Miller chairs seem like budget. Like $32,000 sofas, etc. So, 900 bucks for a chair that you spend your whole day in working doesn't seem too bad.

That's kewl. It looks like something you wold find on a Predator ship.

Yeah, because these chairs were designed by H.R.Giger, the guy who did all the design for the Alien movies, almost invented that whole biomechanical art idea and made the art for those Ibanez Giger RGs.

BTT:

I bought a chair at Ikea, was some special price thing, looks almost exactly like some chairs they sell for 180 euros but only cost 19 Euos, really comfortable to chill and play guitar, if it's all about sitting in front of your mixing desk and so on I would take some normal "old school" office chair like LSD said, they are made exactly for that purpose.