Comic Book Dorks Unite!

marvel-iron-man-omnibus-hard-cover-1.jpg

Local comic book shop was having a clearance, so I used it to fill out some of the stuff I already have. I picked up the last two collections of JMS' run on Thor, and the third volume of Astonishing X-Men.

Soooo...thoughts on Netflix's Daredevil series? I'm a huge DD fan and am loving it so far. The violence is a bit over the top, but other than that the show gets everything right.

You mean over-the-top violence isn't a part of Daredevil?

I've only seen the first episode. Tho I was never a fan, it looked good to me. I thought the guy playing Foggy was perfect.

Soooo...thoughts on Netflix's Daredevil series? I'm a huge DD fan and am loving it so far. The violence is a bit over the top, but other than that the show gets everything right.

It is awesome, love it. God I hope the MCU decides to give the Punisher a shot with similar treatment.

Is it overtop? Compared to Steven S. DeKnight's last tv project Spartacus, its not even remotely over the top :lol: I can't say I'm very familiar with the Daredevil comics, so I don't know if the nature of the violence fits with the source material.

I snagged the original 4/5 issue Punisher series, and am working through AOT (12?), Akira (volume 1), Battle Angel (Volume 1), Ant Man (yep, volume 1 lol), the walking dead (5), and just picked up the D&D humble bundle omg omg omgggg!!! I need to stop compulsively buying this shit until I finish all the unread stuff

4 D&D fans.... giggity!
https://www.humblebundle.com/books

I've been on a Batman bender lately. I finished the first two Detective Comics (new 52) collections, Batman RIP, Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader and the first Batman Eternal collection, which may be the best Batman series in the past decade.