Comic Book Dorks Unite!

Now, to be fair to Marvel, Marvel Now isn't a total rip-off of New 52, just a partial one.

what i meant was just how obvious it is that the whole Marvel Now thing wouldn't have happened if The New 52 hadn't happened

Wait, it's a trilogy? And it ends? :cry:

i assumed that Avengers Sequel will Take place after Iron Man 3

so, i'm really not asking for major spoilers, but is there something in the 3rd Iron Man movie that makes it definitively a "trilogy" as opposed to being merely the 3rd in a quartet??

is it going to be impossible for a 4th Iron Man Movie??

i assumed that Avengers Sequel will Take place after Iron Man 3

so, i'm really not asking for major spoilers, but is there something in the 3rd Iron Man movie that makes it definitively a "trilogy" as opposed to being merely the 3rd in a quartet??

is it going to be impossible for a 4th Iron Man Movie??

There is something that seems definitive, but Marvel will probably make another one, if this one does as good, or better, than Iron Man 2.

It might be the last one with Robert Downey, Jr though.

Sorry I've never read this thread before. I'm a HUGE comic book fan, almost 40 years (gulp!) of reading them. I'm not quite a purist, well somewhat, but what they did in this movie as a twist. PUKE. Overall it was...ok. Not nearly enough time in the suit. Hollywood - let's show our actor! Take that mask off right in the middle of a scene Spidey! You get the point. Meh.

That would be a shame. Downey IS Tony Stark.

He will, of course, be in Avengers 2. In an interview with GQ he hinted he will want to stop doing Iron Man in 3 or so years. Right now, he is renegotiating his contract with Marvel, so who knows what will actually happen.

When you watch Iron Man 3, and see the ending, you will know why I think this may be the last Iron Man movie with Robert Downey Jr.

Sorry I've never read this thread before.
read the whole thread from the begining and respond to stuff from the first 8 or so pages

it will make this thread re-become awesome
When you watch Iron Man 3, and see the ending, you will know why I think this may be the last Iron Man movie with Robert Downey Jr.

just this^^ by itself is kinda making me want to not watch Iron Man 3

Please, for the love of god tell me there's someone here who is able to teach me how to value a comic book properly...
I have a lot of comics that need valuing, for I'm trying to sell all of them except for my CGC graded Amazing Spiderman #21. I would sell it, but I need to keep one of these comics as a relic of my dad's legacy that he left me. (The whole collection belonged to my father. He passed on 9/11/01 [yes, in the World Trade Center :\...] and I have much less of a passion for comic books than he did, so I'm selling it to build a small recording studio :D)

If anybody knows anything about valuing comics, email me. I need to learn a lot about this very quickly.
I say to email, because I'll see it faster than a PM on UltimateMetal and this matter is of urgency to me.
email to: HarrisTheEpic@gmail.com
Make the subject something along the lines of "Comic book valuing" and specify that you're coming from here, with your username and etc.

I just finished this one and was pretty impressed (as I usually am with Warren Ellis). Now where's the rest of the story?

51D6%2BejCYnL._SY300_.jpg

Just got back into comics after years away with Marvel's Infinity series. Not quite as good as the Infinity Gauntlet series but quite an enjoyable welcome back. Not sure where to go from here. Always been a huge Batman fan. Will need to check out what the hell the new 52 is all about.

Almost forgot to mention: I received Thanos-Redemption, Thanos-Rising, and Guardians of the Galaxy graphic novels for Christmas-thank you Amazon wish list!!!

I got a stack of comics over the holidays, so I have a lot of reading to do.

Hellboy: Library Collection 5-6
Locke & Key vol. 5 HC
The Boys TP 9-10
Walking Dead HC 9
Daredevil by Mark Waid HC 1
Iron Man by Michelenie/Layton Omnibus 1

I got a couple of gift certificates from Comixology for Xmas and they also had a sale with a lot of highly regarded DC collections for $5.99, so I picked up:

All Star Superman
The Dark Knight Returns
Green Lantern: Rebirth
Saga of the Swamp Thing, by Moore, Vol 1
also a few single issues to get me started on Jeff Lemire's current run on Green Arrow.

In the meantime, I have read all but the last trade in Ennis's Preacher series.

And something must be wrong with me, because my wife & kids got me the first 3 trades in Gaiman's Sandman, and ... I didn't really like them that much. I know this is one of the ohmygoditsthegreatestofalltime!! books, but it just didn't do much for me. I must be broken.

Ken

Hey, if you're broken for not liking Gaiman's Sandman stuff, I must be beyond repair, cuz....wait for it....I don't like Alan Moore's Watchmen. Yep...that's right...it did nothing for me. It almost turned me off from seeking out his other projects, but recently I've gotten into his old Swamp Thing stuff, which I'm liking.

I did like what I've read of Gaiman's Sandman, though.