Coming in the next couple of weeks...

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
... Core Rules Version 0.1 should be ready to be put on the site for free download by the end of the weekend. Things went a lot smoother on this than I anticipated, I thought it would be a few more weeks. It includes some revisions based on feedback I've already received, plus other modifications that I think tighten up the system. Version 0.0 will remain on the site as a tool to compare and contrast in case I made changes that weren't wise. It will also include designer notes, fistfuls of examples, and new GM/Player advice sections that I can't tell whether they're sarcastic, parodies, good advice, or just scathing. They've entertained some of my non-gaming buddies though. :D

Settings and campaign material will be put on the site for free download in the days and weeks thereafter. Although it's my intention to produce a setting-free game, it's come to my attention that lack of any context just doesn't work and my assumptions of how GMs operate aren't the case. These will be my efforts to rectify that, giving people something to dig into and giving focus to the actual processes in the game, and hopefully be entertaining and interesting in their own right. If there's thoughs of what you'd like to see as far as the settings go (plan is for 5-6 pages of material each), I'd definitely be interested in hearing them.