Coming soon - Song survivor

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
before i set up a song survivor championship (like the opeth one recently) i want to ask the following questions, should i include all album songs (DODS, BMD, DO, TD, LFDGD) or should i include all songs? and should i include instrumentals like the intros and outros to DODS? anyway tell me what you think, then i can start it :D
for those who dont know what im talking about, i will pair up katatonia songs into pairs of 2, then you will choose the fav from the pair, that will go through to the next round and so on:
EXAMPLE

I Break Vs Endtime

whoever wins go through to the next round of votes, get it, good. :D

Originally posted by Demonspell
I did the Opethian song survivor, and I recommend concentrating on getting an even (32, 48, 64...) number of songs and then worrying about instrumentals, intros, rarities, etc.

yeah i was kinda hoping you would reply, but do i just choose who Vs who myself, i'll try and make it even matches.

Originally posted by godisanathiest
That would be cool. I think you should try and span all albums....

yeah i wanted to include all the albums BUT as many people don't have all the EP thingys then it will be a bit pointless, i suppose i can arange it so that the EP songs go against other EP songs, and if you havent heard the songs then you can leave it blank i suppose.

ALL songs,ALL albums and EPs... omit the outros/intros...
and yes,Transparent,I think you are right,it would be cool to arrange so that the EP songs go against other EP songs,something like a special categories...

I can't wait!!!! :hotjump:

Cheers,man!!!:D

Ok, ive sorted it all out, and ive made it completely random Vs songs and had to put a few instrumentals in there to make up the numbers. i think the next round will be done by 1st Vs last and so on to make it even/fair. if it all goes good, i'll put another one up next year or something. fingers crossed.:)

Well I'm reading (the same topic) at Opeth's forum, and I can't understand why Opeth-narcissism is so widespread over there. Undoubtedly an excellent band, but I won't jack off while listening to their albums...
However, don't take this too seriously, in the end it's just my opinion.

1). Narcissism is right word, Groom, can't understand that too.
2). Should I be polite, Melancholia? How this can be interesting if Im gonna compare my left and right balls? I like them both. Its fucking private to do, but I trust u: "for some people it's fun"