Comments on the Gig last friday

cyanopsis

Dec 11, 2001
Falun, Sweden
It looks like I am the first to comment on the gig in Stockholm last friday.

Tracklist:
The Leper Affinity
White Cluster
The Drapery Falls
Credence
Bleak
Advent
(running approx 1 hour)

(I hope I am not missing anything, I didn't take any notes or nothing)

The gig was awesome as suspected, very full of energy. I heard some comments that the sound wasn't that good. I wouldn't know, since I don't know what the sound should be like at this particular club, I was also smashed unto the front of the stage, where the sound experience isn't the best possible. I was able to look into Mike's nostrils though, and make some "metal rants" :) The show went on smoothly, except some minor drum problems. The newsletter from The Shrine mentioned that they were going to do new material, well.. that was not the case. Mike's still wearing the mustasch constellation.

Jonas, Anders and Fredrik from Katatonia were also hanging out in the pub.

oh.....and one of the bands playing before Opeth...called Audionom... was the worst shit I have ever heard.... omfg, I didn't think a band could suck that much... they played the same riff for 5 minutes...little to none singing or variation.... and then they started a new song......yay, another riff for FIVE MINUTES STRAIGHT.....ARGH

they didn't do Demon, no.

And I thought that Audionom was really good actually. Right up my alley. The monotone riffing becomes stronger and stronger when it's done like that.. quite resembling to Katatonia's "Brave Murder Day".

Originally posted by Lakestream
oh.....and one of the bands playing before Opeth...called Audionom... was the worst shit I have ever heard.... omfg, I didn't think a band could suck that much... they played the same riff for 5 minutes...little to none singing or variation.... and then they started a new song......yay, another riff for FIVE MINUTES STRAIGHT.....ARGH
:lol: I was going to say, sounds like Katatonia, but cyanopsis beat me to it!

Yeah, and the are going to air Paatos too!! Just hope they will broadcast them on separate dates. I will die if they make a cheap 30/30 (minutes) split.... :/

They were supposed to play Demon of the fall but the DJ started play music directly after so the guys didn´t have a chance to get back up on stage to do Demon! It is a damn good track! The gig was awesome!
//Anna

I wish OPETH played an half hour longer. They have so many excellent songs that deserve to be played. Songs like "The Moor", "The Night and the Silent Water", "The Apostel in Triumph", "Face of Melinda", "April Ethereal" etc. etc.
Maybe I want the impossible, because I'd always want to hear more..but still..