comparing what Lora @ MFN said about Deliverance with the real situation

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
what Lora said about Deliverance

for the ones who have already listened to Deliverance, just compare what she told us with what the album really means...IMO she kind of overstated things...we can't trust in what labels and stuff tell us.

Dude I dont like the new album either, I call it Bloodpeth, but still she loves it just as much as some other people here. People who happen to NOT work for the record company. So like lets not get all imature just because the album dint live up to urs, or my expectations. Enjoy it for what it is, Bloodpeth rules.

Well she really didn't use language that described the album fairly well, just words like 'awesome' and such which mainly describes how she feels about the album... I figured it wasn't going to be the same for everyone and I also highly doubt that its the label doing the marketing talk... as she has told us before she is just another fan and her post really reflected that.

On a side note, the album is really growing on me. I'm looking past the heavyness and discovering what it's all about. It has an awesome 'theme' or sound that all their other albums are lacking, which makes it hard to listen to anything else. Sure it isn't as complex or layered as the older material but it's a new sound, and I like it... ALOT.

I agree, her description is almost exactly how i'd describe it. Yes, it *is* incredible, but there was always gonna be people disappointed with it. It doesnt matter what Opeth do, there'll always be people disappointed. If they brought out a clone of Morningrise (which I would not like to see), youd have some people happy and others (like me) disappointed.

nobody should comment on this album until you listen to it for atleast a month or so....your opinions will change, all this negative feedback i keep reading seems to come from people jumping the gun...downloading bad quality mp3's and tearing it to bits. my guess is that in a month, ill be seeing nothin but positve reviews