Winnipeg, MB Canada Show Highlights.

Nobiss

I Find Trust In Hate
Feb 24, 2006
Canada
Well, I just got back home. I'm sore, deaf, and pretty damn tired but want to write about some of the highlights of tonights amazing show.

The setlist as far as I remember was:

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
The Baying Of The Hounds
Under The Weeping Moon
Closure
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance

Dark Tranquility opened with a pretty good preformance and set. I listened to a lot of their older stuff, but wasn't very familiar with their newer material. Overall they did pretty good, although the singer kind of reminded me of Mick Jagger or something.

Devil Driver was alright. It kind of sounded repetitive and my friend described it as "repetitive chaotic thrash metal". They got the crowd into it a lot which is why I think they did a pretty good job overall. Also something that none of us expected is that the lead singer started talking for a while and told us to make the 'biggest fucking circle pit this club has ever seen because we're filming for the DVD so if you don't then fuck you and your city". Anyways, a large pit ensued although I was too close to the stage to even want to consider joining it.

As I mentioned I was actually past the barricade they put up and just standing right at the corner of the stage for Opeths show and it was incredible. Mike was a little sick me mentioned at the beggining but he put on a really great preformance anyways, but at points you could kinda tell his voice/throat was bothering him. It was also apparently Martin Axenrots birthday so we all sang him a birthday song and then cheered for him to play us a drum solo. He then played a kickass solo and everyone cheered for him and the band was all clapping for him and Mike got up to the Mike after a while and said "Well. I really don't know what to say after *that*!" and then he talked abit and went into another song. Mike was cracking jokes and having a good time despite his sore throat or whatever he had. At the end instead of going off the stage the stayed put and Mike was going around the stage putting the mic in front of the audience and getting them to scream and cheer for an encore for a while and then they closed with Deliverance. At the end of the show Peter walked up to where me and my friends were standing and threw me his water bottle and I yelled thank you to him. The water bottle is still sitting in front of me, haha. I haven't even opened it. It's holy water.

Anyway. It was an amazing show and I really enjoyed it. I've been to a lot of concerts and seen a lot of bands but this by far was the best I've ever been to.

Something else kinda funny that happened was Mike was talking about 'the new record' and how they were going to play a song from it, and this guy yells out 'DELIVERANCE'!?! And I yelled out "WRONG RECORD" and Mike was just kinda standing there for a moment and then laughed.

Thank you Opeth.

Opeth was fucking AWESOME! I didn't get my ticket until maybe an hour before the show, i asked these 2 dudes and one of them had a ticket for sale.. i paid 40 for it but would have paid 100 if i had to.. Dude i think i was standing by you beside the stage, i seen peter throw his bottle.. mike made me laugh a few times. shit i was there by myself but i was rocking out hardcore.. u probly seen me.. fuck it was awesome.. also got a picture+autograph with dark tranquillity in their swimming trunks, LOL i think it was mikael from DT that told me not to post it on the net LOL so im not gonna.. DT was fucking awesome too.. All in all it was a fucking amazing show, best time ever. :worship: OPETH.. THANK YOU FOR COMING!!

between dark tranquill and devil driver there was like a half hour in between..and between devil driver and opeth it was like 45 mins..

they did that same stupid "we are filming for a dvd" bit in milawaukee, and i commenced being pissed off and pushed around for the next 5 minutes. being in the front for dd was the worst decision ive ever made. but it was worth it to see opeth that close

Nobiss said:
Well, I just got back home. I'm sore, deaf, and pretty damn tired but want to write about some of the highlights of tonights amazing show.

The setlist as far as I remember was:

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
The Baying Of The Hounds
Beneath The Weeping Moon
Closure
The Grand Conjuration
The Drapery Falls
Deliverance

Beneath The Weeping Moon ?!?! :zombie: :zombie:

opethpainter said:
Beneath The Weeping Moon ?!?! :zombie: :zombie:

haha. Not sure why the fuck I put beneath. :cry: Must've been really out of it. hahaha... Beneath.

Nobiss said:
this guy yells out 'DELIVERANCE'!?! And I yelled out "WRONG RECORD"
haha i heard that!

i was in the second row of the balcony - great view and a good show - LOVED Opeth of course and Dark Tranquillity were a nice surprise, didn't care for Devil Driver.

wondering, was it just me or was it suffocating-hot and not very loud?

first time at the venue, not sure how it sounds in there.

didnt seem too hot, wasnt horribly loud either... i suffered no hearing loss the next day. but it was a great show despite mike being sick and no lopez