Sept 27th Minneapolis Show Dedicated to Cliff Burton

Just because there are better bass players doesn't mean that you can say "fuck cliff " . At least show some respect to a musician who died while touring,you don't even do that.You may not like him and you may think that " lulz gusy meh bazz playez ar betta! " but this does not give you the right to offend people who like the guy.Have you ever listened to the song called " Orion " . That is the single reason why Cliff Burton is a good bass player.

Cliff was a great bass player.He actually got musical education so he knew the musical theories.How many bands today have musical education?You don't need that to make good music but it makes your music ability even better.He could also play piano etc etc I know these facts don't mean a shit for you but it means a lot to some of us.I won't ever forget the bass solo in the beginning of For Whom the Bell Tolls show in 80s.That was awesome to hear.

Go back to your lair and keep listening to your " favourite bass players" and leave Cliff and us ALONE.

maybe metal lacks black people in general? why does it matter what race people are, i didnt know one race was inherently superior to another

facepalm.jpeg

Vu just entirely contorted and manipulated the previous statement for the sole purpose of changing this thread's topic into a race war...

Seriously, grow up.

Great, Opeth do a nice thing for Cliff and it becomes a detonator for a shitfest, this could have only be caused by Vuashke of course :Smug:

Hey man, I happen to like Metallica and Cliff Burton. I don't know what the hell is your problem? You can dedicate your songs or whatever to Marcus Miller once you play a show, I don't have a problem with that dude. But stop being a psycho idiot, you come across as a complete moron, and yes, you will be banned.

Mike

great thread btw

and if vuaske knew anything at all instead of just saying i hate this, this is stupid, its too old, its too this, i hate everything, i never have anything good too say, he'd know cliff was amazing. he died too soon, he had a ton of talent, and i read his last interview the other day actually. he wanted to write his own solo jazz/bass album. his work has always inspired me and even though his work is not very plentiful, it left a lasting impression.

metallica was and is amazing(-load through st anger :p), and RIP too cliff

and good post mikael. always a pleasure.

I do agree with him to some extent, but he has no sense of propriety. His being a pain in the ass hasn't so much to do with his being wrong as it does with his knowing that his posts are going to provoke responses.

Was a nice gesture from Mike. Cliff was just great, no use comparing him to anyone. The guy was talented and died too young, RIP

Sorry folks: I'm honestly not as active here on the weekends as I have a house, a wife, 2 kids, and a life outside of the forum. Mike did actually attempt to contact me yesterday, but I didn't get the message until today... and I hadn't seen his post. I hope you can forgive a delay of less than 24 hours in reacting. I'm working on my omnipresent omnipotence though so things can only get better, eh?

Anyway.... Troll Banned, Problem Solved..... :devil:

Well, to his credit he was the most successful flame-baiting troll we ever saw. And now b&.

Yes, he was possessed of an especially virulent strain of stupidity, wasn't he? A sort of unprecedented, mind-numbing, in-your-face idiocy that somehow compels even the most mild-mannered forum participant to take up torch & pitchfork with an enraged zealot's fervor for heretic blood and rend him limb from limb, flay the flesh from his bones with a whip made from rusted razors and spit lemon juice into his empty eye sockets after they've been burned out with a white-hot poker, castrate him with a belt sander and then crush his teeth one by one with a pair of pliers then stuff a ball of tinfoil in his mouth and then... oh... wait... shit... that was out loud, wasn't it?!

Nevermind! :D Heh... just kiddin'! :devil: