Sept 27th Minneapolis Show Dedicated to Cliff Burton

thats very cool, Opeth dedicated a show to Cliff Burton, one of the fathers of thrash metal, one of the people that helped pave the way for metal. I don't know about the haters on here, but the short time CLiff lived, the work he performed on the albums he was on proved to me he was a damn cool, brilliant, unique 1/1000,000,000 bass player with heart, balls and attitude. He had so much more music to create, and he taught the band lots about music harmonies and shit. Its a shame The good die young, and crap seems to last forever.

Well I just had to come out of retirement here long enough to say what an moronic twit Vuashke is.

Burton is not over-rated, he is rated precisely in accordance to his contribution to metal music, which is pretty goddam substantial. As far as his actualy playing ability, Cliff had only played for 9 years and was still at the beginning of his game. The other bass heroes mentioned have been perfecting their craft for decades. There is little doubt Cliff would be in such ranks were he still alive today.

yeah I get sick to my stomach when people start attacking deceased people (who don't deserve it).
He was kickass, listen to Orion. It's cool that metal bands of 'today' pay tribute to bands + players that have been around longer.

Anything we say to Vuashke is irrelevant. the important thing to remember here is : Vuashke, not only did you get owned but EVERYBODY in the forum, you also got owned bu Mikael Akerfeldt himself!