Feb 5, 2005
California USA
80's Anthrax

anthrax1984.jpg

anthrax1985promophoto.jpg

90's Anthrax

Anthrax03.jpg

11487192.jpeg

I actually heard shortly after this photo was taken John auditioned as a vocalist for a Pearl Jam tribute band. He didnt get the gig.

80's Anthrax

90's Anthrax

Anthrax03.jpg

I actually heard shortly after this photo was taken John auditioned as a vocalist for a Pearl Jam tribute band. He didnt get the gig.

The best thing ever is how Danny looks in the grunge era photo. You can tell he has no clue on how to dress to fit the grungy image. The baggy jeans pulled up over his belly button, tucked in shirt, just classic!

John and Scott: Hey, Dan, can we talk to you for a minute?

Dan: Sure guys, Whats up?

John: You see, the thing is, were sort of moving in a new direction. Theres a hip new movement called Grunge, all the kids are doing it these days, and we sort of need you to update your style. So if you could just wear baggy shorts and maybe cut your hair, that would be wonderful. I got you some cool flannel shirts for you to wear too.

Dan: Fuck this I QUIT!

with a glam rock singer.

With a singer that can sing in something other than a poor monotone, you mean. Also, with a singer that can help them actually, you know, SELL albums.

Strange how the ability to sing with a decent range instead of a poor monotone attempt at Pearl Jam translates to album sales, huh? Pretty awesome how you get your core audience back when you bring back the singer that can actually, you know.....sing.

With a singer that can sing in something other than a poor monotone, you mean. Also, with a singer that can help them actually, you know, SELL albums.

Strange how the ability to sing with a decent range instead of a poor monotone attempt at Pearl Jam translates to album sales, huh? Pretty awesome how you get your core audience back when you bring back the singer that can actually, you know.....sing.

But IMFAN09 says they wont get thier core fans back...........

But IMFAN09 says they wont get thier core fans back...........

It won't get them all back, they burned that bridge long ago and the new album is not quite 'thrashy' enough. But it is a start. Obviously many (like myself) are happy enough about Joey being back to buy the album.

I agree with IMFan about the next album though. Hopefully it is a step up from WM as they write music with Joey in mind. I never will expect a AtL 2 or PoT 2, just like I will never expect a Reign in Blood 2 or Seasons in the Abyss 2, but I do think it will be even closer to classic era Anthrax and that is fine with me. The further they can distance themselves from the Vol. 8. Stomp and WCFYA abortions, the better. In my opinion.

It won't get them all back, they burned that bridge long ago and the new album is not quite 'thrashy' enough. But it is a start. Obviously many (like myself) are happy enough about Joey being back to buy the album.

I agree with IMFan about the next album though. Hopefully it is a step up from WM as they write music with Joey in mind. I never will expect a AtL 2 or PoT 2, just like I will never expect a Reign in Blood 2 or Seasons in the Abyss 2, but I do think it will be even closer to classic era Anthrax and that is fine with me. The further they can distance themselves from the Vol. 8. Stomp and WCFYA abortions, the better. In my opinion.

Pretty much. Only thing is it could be many years until the next album. The time between V8 and WCFYA was 5 years and then 8 for WM thats only 2 albums in 13 years. :zombie:

Hopefully we get the next one sooner!

Pretty much. Only thing is it could be many years until the next album. The time between V8 and WCFYA was 5 years and then 8 for WM thats only 2 albums in 13 years. :zombie:

Hopefully we get the next one sooner!

We just might. Unless Joey really pisses them off with all the candid interviews he is giving (which is a distinct possibility!:lol:), Anthrax should be excited to capitalize on the success of Worship Music. They are more relevant than they have been since the end of the Joey-era (wow, what a coincidence!:lol:) and it would be stupid not to capitalize at this stage in their careers.

Of course, no one can accuse Anthrax of always making smart business decisions, so who knows? Joey does have them by the balls at the moment however, they know that if they ditch him they are right back to being a punch-line.

Cool. I don't think any of the Big4 will, age being the main reason. Of course some fans are coming back, plus the Big4 exposure. I would expect nothing less with the charts really. Go Anthrax!

We just might. Unless Joey really pisses them off with all the candid interviews he is giving (which is a distinct possibility!:lol:), Anthrax should be excited to capitalize on the success of Worship Music. They are more relevant than they have been since the end of the Joey-era (wow, what a coincidence!:lol:) and it would be stupid not to capitalize at this stage in their careers.

Of course, no one can accuse Anthrax of always making smart business decisions, so who knows? Joey does have them by the balls at the moment however, they know that if they ditch him they are right back to being a punch-line.

From another recent Joey interview - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inte..._glad_they_were_open_to_what_i_was_doing.html

UG: Scott Ian said to me recently, “If you go back and listen to Persistence of Time, it has more in common with the Sound of White Noise than it does with State of Euphoria. That’s where we were going and we just felt like we needed a new voice to go where we were going because we were trying at the time to move forward with Joey and we were hitting a wall.” How do you respond to that?

Joey Belladonna: To me, I think it’s a crock myself to be honest with ya. I think they just wanted something different. Period. I don’t know what I wasn’t doing that wasn’t fitting their style.

I seriously LOL'd when I read that. :lol:

From another recent Joey interview - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inte..._glad_they_were_open_to_what_i_was_doing.html

UG: Scott Ian said to me recently, “If you go back and listen to Persistence of Time, it has more in common with the Sound of White Noise than it does with State of Euphoria. That’s where we were going and we just felt like we needed a new voice to go where we were going because we were trying at the time to move forward with Joey and we were hitting a wall.” How do you respond to that?

Joey Belladonna: To me, I think it’s a crock myself to be honest with ya. I think they just wanted something different. Period. I don’t know what I wasn’t doing that wasn’t fitting their style.

I seriously LOL'd when I read that. :lol:

This was the best thing I ever saw...

Scott was talking and the crowd muted him out with the "Joey, Joey, Joey" Chants.

For people thinking Joeys impact is not the reason why Anthrax is now back and relevant think again.

Last edited by a moderator: