Composition and arrangements

Nebulous

Daniel
Dec 14, 2003
Brookfield, VIC, Australia
Hi Steve

If you have the time, and are willing to give some secrets out, I would really appreciate some tips on how to go about studying composition and arrangements. I'm trying to listen to music with more of a focus on the writting, but is there anything that often goes overlooked when studying music like this?

In doing this, I'm trying to mainly improve my song writing, so if you could give me a few tips, or reffer me to other recources, that would be really awsome.

Cheers for your time :kickass:

Daniel

Yeah, the thought has definately crossed my mind, no doubt about that. At the moment I can't really comit to lessons from anyone, but hopefully sometime in the near future I would definately like to get back to lessons. I will keep you in mind and get back to when I can.

Yeah, the thought has definately crossed my mind, no doubt about that. At the moment I can't really comit to lessons from anyone, but hopefully sometime in the near future I would definately like to get back to lessons. I will keep you in mind and get back to when I can.
Understood. The main thing is that there is too much to cover in a single post, and why I am offering this through lessons. It's a vast subject. To answer your question about analyzing music, if you know basic theory, you can analyze someone's writing style pretty easily. And everything is able to be figured out using theory, just depends on the extent of your knowledge.
Hope that helps man!:headbang:

Ah bloody awsome. Cheers Steve and LotS.

I think, if I get into work soon and have the $$ and time for lessons, you're a very big contender Steve. I mean, there's not point looking around for a good tutor when you have one of you favourite band members offering :p At least I know your background is where I want it to be!!

i really need to work on theory, i have absolutly none what-so-ever, ask be were a G chord is and i honestly couldn't tell you, i play by ear...i don't know all this even though i have been playing for 11 years...

:(

Ah bloody awsome. Cheers Steve and LotS.

I think, if I get into work soon and have the $$ and time for lessons, you're a very big contender Steve. I mean, there's not point looking around for a good tutor when you have one of you favourite band members offering :p At least I know your background is where I want it to be!!

Go for it duuuude!!! :headbang::headbang:
And whilst your at it get him to come to Oz to do a clinic:)

Go for it duuuude!!! :headbang::headbang:
And whilst your at it get him to come to Oz to do a clinic:)

Well, I haven't from ole Neb in quite a while, so not sure if he's still interested or not, but if you're interested, metal evilution, write me at: steve@stevesmyth.com and we can talk further about it.

A clinic in Oz, I would love to do! Let's see if we get Forbidden down under this year on tour! Spread the word!:headbang::headbang::headbang: