Computer crapping out

emerica167852

Apr 6, 2010
Michigan
So ive got a bit of a problem. Im recording my bands songs right now and we just got done quantizing them and my software is lagging really bad. When i go to place the marker on the timeline it takes a few seconds to load ect... Normally it does this when im mixing and have alot of plugins going. My cpu overloads. I cant see how i could be overloading my cpu already with just some chopped up drum tracks and absolutely no plugins.

I get this. I save the session, print the chopped drums to new tracks. Save the session. Save the session under a new file name (ie, song name_drum edit) then select all the unused tracks and clear them. Press save, close that session and then re-open it. It's usually due to the load of files that's sitting in the background.

I'm using a Macbook and PT8. Works fine that way for me.

I get this. I save the session, print the chopped drums to new tracks. Save the session. Save the session under a new file name (ie, song name_drum edit) then select all the unused tracks and clear them. Press save, close that session and then re-open it. It's usually due to the load of files that's sitting in the background.

I'm using a Macbook and PT8. Works fine that way for me.

yeah tools gets shitty if you keep drum edits in.

Save as after editing
Consolidate
Delete unused playlists
Clear unused regions

Save session copy in
copy all fade files
dont copy fade files.

standard post drum edit procedure

Im using a windows pc with a 2.1 ghz cpu, 2 gigs ram. With sony acid pro for the DAW.

So your saying i should turn all my chopped up drums into one solid wave??? how would i do this??

Im using a windows pc with a 2.1 ghz cpu, 2 gigs ram. With sony acid pro for the DAW.

So your saying i should turn all my chopped up drums into one solid wave??? how would i do this??

in acid??
crikey i can remember how to do it in vegas ver 7!... and it is a slow annoying process. long time ago though

solo the track.
bounce it
rinse
repeat.

just use reaper instead, you'll hardly notice the difference other than being able to do simple things like this that you cant do in acid (to my knowldege)

hell the shortcuts are the same!

in acid??
crikey i can remember how to do it in vegas ver 7!... and it is a slow annoying process. long time ago though

solo the track.
bounce it
rinse
repeat.

just use reaper instead, you'll hardly notice the difference other than being able to do simple things like this that you cant do in acid (to my knowldege)

hell the shortcuts are the same!

Is that how you do it in PT mate?

I know it's different, but in PT, I set each channel to a bus number, create new tracks, set the input to the corresponding bus. Record enable the new tracks and record it onto the new tracks.

Could he not do something like that in Acid?o_O

Is that how you do it in PT mate?

I know it's different, but in PT, I set each channel to a bus number, create new tracks, set the input to the corresponding bus. Record enable the new tracks and record it onto the new tracks.

Could he not do something like that in Acid?o_O

thats a pretty slow way of doing it unless you want to apply fx

Select all drums
Consolidate (alt+shift+3)
Delete unused playlists
Select unused regions (cmd+shift+u)
Clear unused regions (cmd+shift+b) takes about 5 seconds as opposed to the length of the song

Dont know if you can bus to audio tracks in acid... you couldn't in vegas

I tried to find a way to print the drum tracks. The only way i could think of is rendering each track i have to individual WAV tracks, and then uploading them back into into the session. Would this deter from sound quality or anything?

I tried to find a way to print the drum tracks. The only way i could think of is rendering each track i have to individual WAV tracks, and then uploading them back into into the session. Would this deter from sound quality or anything?

no