Computer HDDs question

infectdsniper

Dec 6, 2010
Athens, AL
www.facebook.com
how do any of you using multiple hard disks keep them cool.

right now i have a fan like most drummers have too keep them cool(they are the hottest area in my computer)

i have 3 storage drives hooked up right now, 2 disk drives and one solid state, and will easily go over 50 C if i dont have something cooling them down and it has already led to corruption in 2 of the working ones and one dead drive not listed.

also a bit more info, my case doesnt have any fans or fan mountable areas/vents around there but im all for diy stuff to get this noisey wall socket fan out from under my desk :p

Get a nicer case, those usually have good air flow design already built in, along with noise reduction.

I have two HDDs and one SSD, planning to add another SSD and HDD.. I have no problems with heat..
In the case I have, a NZXT case, I've got two fans in front (in), one at the bottom (in), one at the top (out) and one at the back (out). So I have positive pressure = more air going, in pressing air out from whatever small hole there might be.. that works great for keeping the case cool..
There are HHDs coolers you can get, but you could go for a RAM cooler aswell, they're a bit cheaper, still gets the job done.. or maybe try running the case without one of the sidepanels..